Cover Challenge!

Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Re: Cover Challenge!

Postby gregwar » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:41 pm

christianrock wrote:I'm playing and singing with a worship team at this new church we started going to. A lot of the songs every week are new to me and I need to learn to play and to sing them. So I haven't had any studio/recording time lately.

nice so ur one of the Roland connect: worship guys ? lol

I used to play in my church band when I was like 12 until about 16 or 17 years old (and do recitals on piano since I was 8). I helped set up the stage, lighting, etc too. I started before a lot of my friends that brag about being in bands since high school lol

every once in a while I'll hear a gospel song and be like hey that's Jesus is my light or something. once my friend busted my balls about it and I said what u don't know that one you heathen ? and he said well played lol

I don't care what anybody says gospel & worship music is by far one of the deepest and has one of the strongest emotional connections of any music ever. I think it's something every song writer should study even on a purely secular or academic basis
gregwar

Postby ElectricPuppy » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:14 am

Speaking of high school, did I ever mention that played piano for our high school's jazz choir? :jazzhands:
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby ElectricPuppy » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:15 am

Daaaaang. Imperial March has triplets of death. HARD to play at speed on keys without being sloppy!
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby selfinflikted » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:36 pm

Are you going to cheat with the MIDI editor? :cop:
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby Purity_Control » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:26 pm

I am cheating out the wazoo then. Have tweaked a MIDI file arrangement I found, mainly because if I got into doing the arrangement from from scratch I'd probably be finishing it up for Christmas. :freak:

Gives me more time to focus on the synthesis side of things, which is really the fun side of things.
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby Plink Floyd » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:10 pm

ElectricPuppy wrote:Daaaaang. Imperial March has triplets of death. HARD to play at speed on keys without being sloppy!
Yeah, and also the glissandos of doom. Since the triplets are really a brass part, I guess that proves teh tongue is trickier than teh fingers.

I'd be happy to just find all the doodads I've misplaced so I can get my studio working again.
Plink Floyd

Postby Purity_Control » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:36 pm

Studios need doodads? :idea:
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby Plink Floyd » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:46 pm

Purity_Control wrote:Studios need doodads? :idea:
Specifically, I can't find the wall wart for my new(er) Rolls rack mixer, upon which pretty much everything else hinges. I suspect Teh Boy, but I can't ask him because he's buggered off somewhere for the day. Fat lot of good it'll do him if he did take it though, since it's a weird one with 12vac output.

Yes I know, this is what I get for not racking it in as soon as I got it.

:mad:
Plink Floyd

Postby BonsoWonderDog » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:46 am

go tktktktktktktktkt as fast as you can......that's how fast you can play on a sax.

CR, what are you playing in the band - keys or geetah?
DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
BonsoWonderDog

Postby Plink Floyd » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:44 am

The way I learned it was: double tonguing fast notes goes like tuh-kuh tuh-kuh tuh-kuh tuh-kuh. For triplets, triple tonguing is tuh-duh-kuh tuh-duh-kuh tuh-duh-kuh tuh-duh-kuh.

& I found a used 12VAC wall wart for .99! Yay Goodwill for cheap doo-dads!
Plink Floyd

Postby christianrock » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:56 pm

BonsoWonderDog wrote:go tktktktktktktktkt as fast as you can......that's how fast you can play on a sax.

CR, what are you playing in the band - keys or geetah?

Up to this weekend I was playing acoustic and singing. Next Sunday I'll play electric and see how it goes, our main electric guitarist just quit...
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby Purity_Control » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:08 pm

May also contain recycled lulz from several people here.
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby ElectricPuppy » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:13 pm

Wow, that's different, PC! :thu: Thanks for playing!

I, on the other hand, failed miserably to deliver. It was one of those weekends where I couldn't seem to get my act together.
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby Purity_Control » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:27 pm

I usually take forever, tbh I really pushed myself to get most of it recorded in workday evening last week... also I have today off so I've managed to finish it up.

And I did cheat and start from a MIDI file.
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby selfinflikted » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:13 pm

That was awesome! And good lulz too :lol: But damn, I'm nowhere near finished. Thanks for making the rest of us look bad.
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby christianrock » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:53 pm

gregwar wrote:
christianrock wrote:I'm playing and singing with a worship team at this new church we started going to. A lot of the songs every week are new to me and I need to learn to play and to sing them. So I haven't had any studio/recording time lately.

nice so ur one of the Roland connect: worship guys ? lol

I used to play in my church band when I was like 12 until about 16 or 17 years old (and do recitals on piano since I was 8). I helped set up the stage, lighting, etc too. I started before a lot of my friends that brag about being in bands since high school lol

every once in a while I'll hear a gospel song and be like hey that's Jesus is my light or something. once my friend busted my balls about it and I said what u don't know that one you heathen ? and he said well played lol

I don't care what anybody says gospel & worship music is by far one of the deepest and has one of the strongest emotional connections of any music ever. I think it's something every song writer should study even on a purely secular or academic basis

I have no connection to Roland whatsoever, lol

And cool, I didn't know this about you. It sounds like you've had an interesting journey, until the college years which is when a lot of people question their faith. Which is something I did go through, as well, at that point in my life.

Also, this has nothing to do with the imperial march... :snax:
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby christianrock » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:56 pm

Purity_Control wrote:

May also contain recycled lulz from several people here.

That was very very good. Me likes. Midi file or not :thu:
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby BonsoWonderDog » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:30 pm

Your music gives me the heebie jeebies, PC. :thu:
DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
BonsoWonderDog

Postby Plink Floyd » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:10 am

:clap: Love teh Impurity March! Can't quite make out the words, but I'm afraid to ask for the lyrics...

:eek:

:lol:
Plink Floyd

Postby Purity_Control » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:45 pm

Awww, thanks for the love guys... I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with,

Btw where can I find SI's Superman theme? Am not seeing it?
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

PreviousNext

Return to The Hang Out.