Y U NO SYNTHING

Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Re: Y U NO SYNTHING

Postby BonsoWonderDog » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:06 am

Imagine playing a theremin with Parkinson's.
DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
BonsoWonderDog

Postby ElectricPuppy » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:22 am

BonsoWonderDog wrote:Imagine playing a theremin with Parkinson's.

Automatic vibrato. It's a feature!
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby Purity_Control » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:03 pm

Parkinson's mainly causes rigidity. The compulsive movements are from the drugs to stop the rigidity. :freak:

I had a boss once who had Parkinsons. He was so screwed. :freak: :facepalm:
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby MetroSonus » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:36 pm

I did knot know that. :eek:
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby selfinflikted » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:00 pm

Me either, and I'm not entirely sure that's correct. I've known unmedicated Parkinson's people and they shake.
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby soundwave106 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:02 am

From what I am reading on Da Wiki for Parkinsons, it seems *both* is true. EG: You get both rigidity in your muscles *and* tremor when your muscles are at rest.

Also, apparently the most common treatment for Parkinsons, levodopa, does cause "motor fluctuations" after 5-10 years. At least WebMD sez so. (But so does a Serious Reference Paper, at least.)

So, you're *all* right. Yay! Cookies for everyone!
BC | SC
soundwave106

Postby christianrock » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:09 am

christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby selfinflikted » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:36 pm

soundwave106 wrote:From what I am reading on Da Wiki for Parkinsons, it seems *both* is true. EG: You get both rigidity in your muscles *and* tremor when your muscles are at rest.

Also, apparently the most common treatment for Parkinsons, levodopa, does cause "motor fluctuations" after 5-10 years. At least WebMD sez so. (But so does a Serious Reference Paper, at least.)

So, you're *all* right. Yay! Cookies for everyone!

Well, we do like cookies...
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby BonsoWonderDog » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:31 am

Just because we all tie, doesn't mean we're not all winners, right?

Amiright?

Fellas?
DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
BonsoWonderDog

Postby Purity_Control » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:09 pm

NSFW: show
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby christianrock » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:06 pm

BonsoWonderDog wrote:Just because we all tie, doesn't mean we're not all winners, right?

Amiright?

Fellas?

It's the football/soccer mentality. If a game ends up in a tie and someone asks, "well who won??" the answer is "nobody, it was a tie".

Purity_Control wrote:Image

NSFW: show

This, I should have expected :lol:
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby ElectricPuppy » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:54 pm

ahem.

Anyone? Bueller?

Seems some of you peeps are synthing still, so YAY! Me... no synthing. Been pianoing, though, but no synthing. The latest rash of mini Jupe-8 has me kinda gassing a little, though.
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby MetroSonus » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:03 pm

And you all want to be my latex sales people..
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby ElectricPuppy » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:17 pm

exsqueeze me?
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby gregwar » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:48 pm

the jp-08 is good !! my demo is bad (and in the wrong thread lol)

I've mainly been noodling the last few months. I haven't had the desire or inspiration to really do a whole track. its not my past, current, or new gear's fault I just haven't been motivated. I did 2 mix tapes and found virtually no interest when I posted them online (see what I did there?) it has still kind of taken some of the wind out of my sails

one of my rapper friends was doing an album about why we do music and his producer/beat maker quit part way through!! also, the heart and brains of our label (deafwish) moved away to montreal about 18 months ago and all of our social lives, shows, recordings, etc have suffered without our glorious task master around.

I've been feeling motivated to do stuff again and committed to doing one track a month with a friend so we'll see if that gets the ball rolling. I'm also going to make sound treatment 2'x4' panels really soon. at first I want them where I record vocals to reduce reflections. then second where I do my mixing.

:drink:
gregwar

Postby ElectricPuppy » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:10 pm

When it comes to this creativity stuff, motivation is definitely the main factor in getting anything done. For sho'. I just haven't had any lately. Also (honestly), there's some part of me that goes, "ugh, does this mean I have to wrestle with Sonar again?" I really need to research some different DAWs and see if anything else is easier to use and still reasonably capable.
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby christianrock » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:55 pm

ElectricPuppy wrote:When it comes to this creativity stuff, motivation is definitely the main factor in getting anything done. For sho'. I just haven't had any lately. Also (honestly), there's some part of me that goes, "ugh, does this mean I have to wrestle with Sonar again?" I really need to research some different DAWs and see if anything else is easier to use and still reasonably capable.

I like Reaper. You can try it out and pay only if you decide to use it. :like:
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby ElectricPuppy » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:23 pm

christianrock wrote:
ElectricPuppy wrote:When it comes to this creativity stuff, motivation is definitely the main factor in getting anything done. For sho'. I just haven't had any lately. Also (honestly), there's some part of me that goes, "ugh, does this mean I have to wrestle with Sonar again?" I really need to research some different DAWs and see if anything else is easier to use and still reasonably capable.

I like Reaper. You can try it out and pay only if you decide to use it. :like:

Yeah? I'll check that out, thanks for the tip, sir!
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby christianrock » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:09 pm

You can also try Ableton for 30 days for free. I'd be interested in seeing which one would fit you better.
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby gregwar » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:49 am

ya i hate wrestling with the computers/rig. they're all pretty simple until you need something past record/stop/play

i miss the days when my friend was chopping beats and i could just focus on lyrics and delivery. then i could ask for a certain bass line or whatever. it was so much easier cause he was really good at computers and made tracking vocals, etc really easy.

anyways, tonight i started building my DIY bass traps/acoustic panels. they're really simple to make and i have 4 mostly done already (out of my first run of 8). they're 4' x 2' and should mostly cover the area i record vocals in

i think i'm going to sew up the ends where its still open and i still have to attach wire to the back so i can hang them from the walls

:drink: :drink:
gregwar

PreviousNext

Return to The Hang Out.