The tea thread.

Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Re: The tea thread.

Postby MetroSonus » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:11 pm

Jasmine tea tastes like it smells.. Lol. Just get jasmine tea and you'll be OK. Right now I'm drinking some fancy smansy black tea with vanilla by celestial. Its pretty good.

Acutaulky I'm not a big beer drinker anymore but I've always and still am a coffee and tea drinker.
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby christianrock » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:17 pm

One to avoid is the Celestial tea that is black tea + caramel.

Yuck.

The Vanilla one is OK. But they have better ones.

There used to be a Green Tea with Lemongrass tea that was really, really good. I don't see it anymore in our local stores.
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby selfinflikted » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:19 pm

Well, I do like the smell of Jasmine, so that it a potential like. I love coffee as well, Metro, but have been on decaf for a couple of years now. I dunno if that makes a difference, but I have at least one cup a day :)
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby MetroSonus » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:26 pm

Heh I like the caramel one too... I tend to like those dark, musky exotic aromas.. I guess :lol:

Were getting decaf for night now and were liking the individual bags it tends to come in. I wish they would make a larger variety of individually sealed coffees but I guess they don't sell or something.

They used to be popular, but I guess the k cups took over. We have those too but they aren't really cost effective so we just use the coffee pot with a mesh cup for bag coffee..
MetroSonus

Postby christianrock » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:32 pm

I suppose the caramel one might be OK if you put tons of sugar in your tea... but as it is, it has a sweet smell with a bitter aftertaste...

My favorites still are the garden-grown variety, added to green tea or white tea :)

Lipton has those "pyramid" nylon tea bag that are cheaper than Celestial and Bigelow, and they're really good I think. They've got girly names like Mango Peach White Tea or Green Tea with Orange, Passionfruit and Jasmine. But I quite like them :) and the wife does too, so that's one thing we do sometimes after the kids go to sleep: just brew some tea (adding leaves from the garden of course) and sit down and talk for a while.
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby MetroSonus » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:33 am

Yea I have those pyramid thingies too. More or less I turn into an old lady after 8 pm. :/ :lol: 80s TV shows, usually mysteries, tea... Egads.
MetroSonus

Postby Plink Floyd » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:44 am

mmm... Tea & Matlock...

Constant Comment™ is my fave. Green tea smells to me like lawn clippings.
Plink Floyd

Postby ElectricPuppy » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:00 am

Plink Floyd wrote:Constant Comment™ is my fave.

Funny, my wife just recently discovered this one. She was drinking Earl Grey, but I think she may have switched to Constant Comment.

Green tea smells to me like lawn clippings.

See, to me this is ALL tea. :lol: And that's exactly what I call it, too! GET OUT OF MY HEAD PLINKYYY NOOOOOOOOOOO
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby BonsoWonderDog » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:07 am

This thread has made me go and get a cup of tea.

Lemon and ginger.
DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
BonsoWonderDog

Postby christianrock » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:00 pm

Plink Floyd wrote:mmm... Tea & Matlock...

Constant Comment™ is my fave. Green tea smells to me like lawn clippings.

As I said before, if you flavor green tea, then all you get is the flavor and it turns out quite good.

But, I digress.

Speaking of Constant Comment™, I just made some. We have it here in the office. In fact, I made our office administrator buy it because the only option we had was Earl Grey and I was getting tired of it :lol:

This afternoon I think I'll have another cup of Earl Grey with some homemade bread that I made and brought in, some french jelly (from BJs) and a couple of slices of fresh mozarella.

Gosh I'm becoming...

christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby Plink Floyd » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:48 am

I particularly dislike Earl Grey because of it's tartness. Sour, citric flavors pucker my buds.

I'm at a loss to explain, however, why I can occasionally enjoy iced tea garnished with a lime wedge. No sugar even.
Plink Floyd

Previous

Return to The Hang Out.