Audio/MIDI interfaces

Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Re: Audio/MIDI interfaces

Postby MetroSonus » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:54 pm

That's the thing i like about live. You can record the part and loop it while you work on something else
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby Plink Floyd » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:00 pm

selfinflikted wrote:Oh nice! The 896 Mk1 are a bit on the pricey side though, eh?
Comparatively, not for used ones, imo. New, all the iterations seem to hover around the $1K mark, but used, they can be had for much less than half that. I really wanted a MOTU Mk3 xxx, but this one was priced right for me. I was satisfied with my 828 Mk1, so this should be a marked improvement, even though some slutz wouldn't allow it in the house without first sending it to Black Lion.

And speaking of which, I may look into doing my own diy upgrade. It may be nothing more than slapping in new op amps, for which BL gets $350.
Plink Floyd

Postby Plink Floyd » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:51 am

I picked up the 896.

I think I now have everything I need to be able to sit torpidly at the center of my collection of things that make noices, and cause every one of them to send stuff to the DAW without having to move or plug/unplug a single cable.

Ghad that's going to be nice.

Wait...

The Hammond. I'll still have to walk over to it and slide onto the bench. Crap.

It's gotta go...
Plink Floyd

Postby selfinflikted » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:23 pm

Plink Floyd wrote:I picked up the 896.

Congrats! Welcome to the "oh yea! it's already plugged in!" club ;)
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby christianrock » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:43 pm

Revive Audio is supposed to do great upgrades and their prices seem very reasonable. If you go that route. Can't beat the price of DIY though :)

Congrates on the new interface, it's been a long time coming :wave:

Did you get it from GC? I see one on their site for 299, that seems like a great price for all that this does.
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby Plink Floyd » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:31 am

Yeah, it had just arrived @ my local GC a couple days before & wasn't on the website. I paid two Benjamins plus tax, which I think was a pretty good deal.

A few weeks ago, a GC in Arizona had an 828 Mk3 listed on the used site for $300. That would have been the deal of the decade. I called them in the evening, it sold first thing in the AM, & they said they've never had so many calls for anything.

Thanx for the Revive Audio tip. I don't see where they have MOTU mods listed, but really, I have qualms about spending much to upgrade a gizmo that might be ten years old. I'll be surprised if I'm not satisfied with the way it sounds un-modded.
Plink Floyd

Postby Plink Floyd » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:00 am

I haven't even plugged in my new interface yet. Grumble.

Such a week I've had.

Oy.
Plink Floyd

Previous

Return to The Hang Out.