Cubasis on Sale for the iPad

Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Cubasis on Sale for the iPad

Postby midinut » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:59 am

Posted this over at KC but in case you don't go there or didn't see it ...
If you've got an iPad, this is the best $33.99 (Sale Price until 9/11) I've spent so far on my iPad!
I foresee way to much time spent in the bathroom in the future.
Hook it up to a controller via the CKK for the best experience!
Last edited by midinut on Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
midinut

Re: Cubasis on Sale for the iPad

Postby MetroSonus » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:02 am

Really? Me and cubase go way back... ill have to check it out. Thanks
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby midinut » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:04 am

You have been warned .... mooouuuuaaahahhhh
midinut

Postby selfinflikted » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:35 pm

Really? Wow. I do <3 Cubase. I wonder how it integrates with Cubase for Pc. In that.. I wonder if I can start a project on my desktop DAW, and then transfer said project to iPad to do like, editing and such on the road. THIS sounds like something I'm super interested in. Thanks for the info, Midi!
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby selfinflikted » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:24 pm

Just looked at this on Steinberg's site. Looks flipping awesome, except my DAW version of Cubase is too old to share projects with the iOS version. Poops.
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby midinut » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:04 pm

I haven't tried exporting or importing anything yet (as my recording PC is going crazy at the moment - soon to be replaced). If I read things correctly, Cubasis will export files as a .cbp file (Cubase Project File). If that is the case, shouldn't you theoretically be able to open it in any version of Cubase? I realize the integration with Cubase 7 is awesome and all, but I would think you could still move files back and forth between Cubasis and Cubase (regardless of which version) without much trouble. I could be wrong. I can't at the moment set things up to test this theory but maybe someone over at the Steinberg Cubasis forum could answer this question. I hate to see you lose the discount if it will do what you want it to do. I'll dig around and see what I can find out.

Edit: Oops, Steinberg forums are down for maintenance atm. Lemme keep looking!

go to this link: http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/io ... basis.html
and watch the Cubasis Tutorial #2. It talks about importing and exporting.
Last edited by midinut on Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
midinut

Postby midinut » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:05 pm

Metro - did you pull the trigger? Inquiring minds want to know ... :wave:
midinut

Postby selfinflikted » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:42 pm

Well, I briefly read over the literature on Steinberg's site and it specifically mentioned exporting/importing with Cubase 6.something on up. I still have Cubase 5. I haven't upgraded yet, because frankly I can't see dropping another 500 bones on an upgrade when the version I have does everything I need. Hell, it's been so long since I looked, I don't even know how much Cubase retails for these days... it may even be higher than that. I just know I paid around $500 for the version I have.
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby midinut » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:43 am

I upgraded recently from C5 to C7. I seem to remember it was $200-300 (in looking at the website, it looks like $299). One thing you might want to consider. Cubase Artist 7 (which has 80% of the full version features) looks like a $99 upgrade for you. It should work with Cubasis just like it would Cubase 7. It was a big leap from 5 to 7.

I'm like you, I didn't see a whole lot of need for upgrading when 6 came out. LOTS of cool toys and tools in 7 though. I'm planning on getting the Absolute VST Collection next (full version of HALion Sonic 2, PadShop Pro, and several other packages. So I'll be dropping another 2 bills here shortly. One of these days I need to sit down and add up what I've invested in Steinberg over the years. I'll probably get sick. But I love the workflow. I tried Ableton, and Pro Tools, and Reaper, and I just like the way Cubase works! YMMV.
midinut

Postby selfinflikted » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:01 pm

I have *briefly* tried some of the other biggies in the DAW world. But, I like Cubase the best too, of all the ones I've tried. I have used it for years, and never really had any complaints. $299 isn't that bad, actually. I figured it would be much more than that. Is that like a special "upgrade" price, or is that just the bottom line for everyone?

I was reading some reviews in the app store last evening about Cubasis for iPad. It has very few negative reviews, so it must be pretty much what Steinberg claims it to be. I know the 30% discount ends, what, tomorrow? ...but I'm going to do more research on it, and maybe watch a few youtube vids of it in action. If I miss the discount, no biggie. I will more than likely still pick up the app at some point. Everyone on the reviews page says it blows away Garageband, which I thought was actually pretty good for its price point. :thu:

But, priorities! The new iPhone 5S is about to drop, and I DO WANT.
selfinflikted
Down in it

Return to The Hang Out.