Serious Thread is Serious

Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Re: Serious Thread is Serious

Postby soundwave106 » Thu May 01, 2014 12:44 pm

Plink Floyd wrote:Hey, are you dudes in the South doing OK?
Teh weather sems to be full of :eek: down there.

Doing okay here, got a touch of rain... inland Florida counties got a *lot* of rain, though, and north Florida areas like Pensacola got :freak: amounts of rain.
BC | SC
soundwave106

Postby selfinflikted » Thu May 01, 2014 1:02 pm

Plink Floyd wrote:Hey, are you dudes in the South doing OK?

Teh weather sems to be full of :eek: down there.

I am ok. Lots of water fell from the sky causing massive amounts of flooding and road closures and sink holes. The lot will need to be pushed off again. This will set me back. Do not want.
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby christianrock » Thu May 01, 2014 1:25 pm

We had a flood watch for a couple days but it didn't really rain much here in Hotlanta.

I hear Pensacola's rough. And this week is the New Orleans Jazz Festival, so I wonder how they are doing over there. My co-worker goes every year but she is skipping this year because last year there was too much rain and mud in the streets, I can't imagine this year :freak:
Last edited by christianrock on Thu May 01, 2014 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby selfinflikted » Thu May 01, 2014 1:26 pm

Has Metro posted in the last few days?

Glad my other fellow Southerners are ok! :)
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby ElectricPuppy » Thu May 01, 2014 5:01 pm

Thank Plunky, but the fire is a pretty long way away. If it got this far, that would be Serious Newz. :)

The past few days have been HOT and DRYYYY. With the drought the way it is, I'm afraid that California's going to have a rather rough summer. :cry:

Aside from burning away, some fear that vegetation is starting to die off, leaving the hillsides baren with nothing to hold the soil together. If the current predictions hold true for a strong El Nino event, and if that event does what it usually does and brings huge amounts of rain, we're looking at mudslides galore.
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby selfinflikted » Thu May 01, 2014 5:17 pm

ElectricPuppy wrote:Thank Plunky, but the fire is a pretty long way away. If it got this far, that would be Serious Newz. :)

The past few days have been HOT and DRYYYY. With the drought the way it is, I'm afraid that California's going to have a rather rough summer. :cry:

Aside from burning away, some fear that vegetation is starting to die off, leaving the hillsides baren with nothing to hold the soil together. If the current predictions hold true for a strong El Nino event, and if that event does what it usually does and brings huge amounts of rain, we're looking at mudslides galore.

I think the prediction is actually a small la nina this year. I remember this because they aren't predicting any hurricanes this year. I'll have to check though, I could be wrong.
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby gregwar » Fri May 02, 2014 12:27 am

up until like a week or 2 ago it continued to snow here durr

:typical_canadians: :wave:

it has mostly melted now tho

I went to the forks last Sunday (where 2 rivers meet) the flooding appeared to be relatively minor in the prairies.

last year in alberta (a couple provinces over, where I mostly work) the flooding was much much worse and delayed a lot of oil drilling projects
gregwar

Postby ClavAnother » Fri May 02, 2014 5:17 am

ClavAnother

Postby MetroSonus » Mon May 05, 2014 2:59 pm

I'm good! I took three days of the week before last to go on a field trip with my son and his school.

They ran the kids too hard.. from 6am until 9pm with hardly any break. We bailed on Friday and I had my mom come get us at a campground nearby our house. We had done the Friday activity anyway and they wouldn't be back at the school until 7:30 that evening which meant we wouldn't have been home until 9-10. My son's birthday party was the next day and I had had a cold the whole week. I made a preemptive Drs appointment on sat morning and went in and came out with antibiotics for a sinus infection. It hit me real hard on Monday. I spent Mon-Wend. with a high fever and sleeping on and off all day. I took the rest of the week off and today, I'm back at work. But i"m all kind of coughing and clearing out the gunk still. It's gonna be a while until I feel better.

Also the week before last, the girl we look after, her mom slapped her around real good and she came over crying and upset. Then that Friday, my son's principal got arrested for molesting a child (not at the school). But between that and all the family stuff going on and being sick and all.. I really need a break :facepalm:

We did get a lot of rain.. It wasn't to bad down by me. I think there's something about the area I live in and the way the water moves in the bay that just north of us and east get most of the bad weather. But there was a lightning strike outside in the field behind my house. It went kind of sideways and crackled a lot. There was no huge boom like I would have expected to have heard...
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby selfinflikted » Mon May 05, 2014 3:05 pm

Damn. You do need a break, man. Glad to hear you're at least a little better tho. :thu:
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby christianrock » Mon May 05, 2014 3:38 pm

Hopefully you'll get better soon, MS.
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby Purity_Control » Mon May 05, 2014 5:21 pm

Fingers crossed things look up for you Metro.

Sounds like you've had a whole heap of crap to deal with. :(
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby Plink Floyd » Tue May 06, 2014 3:45 am

Serious lightning is serious. A couple of times I've been way too close to it. Do not want. When it's very close, it does seem quieter than you'd expect it to be. Maybe it's like long throw speakers, the sound doesn't 'develop' until you're farther away.

Once I was training a doggeh with a chain collar & leash. (And yes it's humane as long as you don't yank it in anger. A very small tension is plenty to get their attention & they soon learn they mustn't try to pull away. I no longer do it because I don't care if they heel or sit or any of that crap. People should leave their dogs home, I think.)

Anyway, a big lightning bolt zapped a tree a couple hundred feet from my backyard, & teh chain shocked the piss out of me and doggeh!
Plink Floyd

Postby christianrock » Tue May 06, 2014 2:12 pm

Plink Floyd wrote:Anyway, a big lightning bolt zapped a tree a couple hundred feet from my backyard, & teh chain shocked the piss out of me and doggeh!

If I were you I'd be in total shock...

And I'd be pissed too.

christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby Plink Floyd » Wed May 07, 2014 4:56 am

The negative current flow of this thread is lacking continuity. Who is the emitter of this base collection? This series of flip flops is unparalleled! I charge you all to regulate yourselves, rectify this drift, resist this phase and conduct yourselves with proper grounding in a positive manner. Watt?
Plink Floyd

Postby Purity_Control » Wed May 07, 2014 10:39 am

Obviously, this thread needs a transister...

"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby soundwave106 » Wed May 07, 2014 12:53 pm

Man, the sparks are flying in this thread. We all need to just calm down, relax, breathe, and meditate by chanting "ohm..."
BC | SC
soundwave106

Postby MetroSonus » Wed May 07, 2014 5:04 pm

mannnnnn that's like too much perspective man. You just need to like stop right there and back it up a bit..
MetroSonus

Postby MetroSonus » Thu May 08, 2014 12:06 pm

It's going to take some time to get back to normal, but thanks for the wishes! Sincerely. :wave:
MetroSonus

Postby gregwar » Thu May 08, 2014 2:20 pm

good luck with ur health metro !1
gregwar

PreviousNext

Return to The Hang Out.