ok electrical wizards..

Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

ok electrical wizards..

Postby MetroSonus » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:08 pm

Its nearly impossible to change the battery on my son's airsoft gun. All this stuff uses the kind of chargers and batteries and stuff you'd find in an RC car or plane. That said, i use a smart charger that comes with a set of alligator clips as an accessory for charging.

My sons battery is in the stock, which can also fold to the side. I thought what i could do was to solder in a sort of T in the + & - lines coming out of the battery and run those to two contact points on the inside of the stock. That way when i need to charge it, i just fold open the stock and put the clips on the contacts.

Do you thatd be possible without damaging the gun or battery?
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Re: ok electrical wizards..

Postby ClavAnother » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:16 pm

You'll shoot your eye out.
ClavAnother

Postby MetroSonus » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:48 pm

Yes you can. that's why we wear heavy duty, ballistic rated military grade goggles.

You can get some pretty bad bruises close up. Almost every game I played though, people just tend to stay right at the edge of their guns range. When the BBs hit you from that range, they just bounce off and you may not even know you've been hit. Hence why I'm hot rodding a couple of my guns, so I have some range over the competition.

Anyway, I got shot at 15 feet by a guy that was camping the spawn point, right by the field's gate. My and my son were walking out cause the ref told us to go to the pro shop and get some "no fog" spray for my son's helmet. The guy who shot me was close enough to hear us and after he shot me, I was like "dude, we're out, we're leaving the field". and he was all "my bad".

Crap like that can get you a broke nose easy. Just from some conversations I've had with people, I'm pretty impressed with how they've shrugged off stuff like that. One got got shot in the neck and you could hear him screaming across the filed. I thought there was going to a fight for sure.
MetroSonus

Postby ClavAnother » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:06 pm

I don't know what you mean by a "T" maybe you should post photos or a drawing of what you are trying to do.

Anyway, if it's a matter of access, many proprietary connectors are made that way so that you don't plug the wrong source in and cause damage.

That said, as long as you are quite sure that your charger is compatible with that type of battery and the voltage and amperage are correct, just mind the polarity of your terminations.
ClavAnother

Postby ClavAnother » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:07 pm

Oh, and try not to shoot yourself in the arm at point-blank anymore :cop:
ClavAnother

Postby MetroSonus » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:55 pm

Yea drawings would help .. ill follow up with a craptastic photoshop later
MetroSonus

Postby Veracohr » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:52 am

So this thing is designed to be recharged? Is it that you don't have the original charger, or you just want to use another kind?
Veracohr

Postby Plink Floyd » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:00 am

MetroShootus wrote:Its nearly impossible to change the battery on my son's airsoft gun.
Did you mean to say 'charge'? Or maybe 'farkle'?
Plink Floyd

Postby MetroSonus » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:44 pm

Well i went ahead and got the gumchun to go ahead and try it and it works. But just for a look see... here's what I did.

This is my son's gun. The issue that I was having is that it takes about 10-15 minutes to get the battery back in and it was seriously cramping my style. The reason why it was so hard is because it has a 3 position stock that is also the battery compartment.

The stock folds to the side and to get the battery out, you have to undo a screw. That's easy. Trying to get it back in with all the wiring, fuse ect is a serious pain in the caboose. So what I did was to cut off the cheap azz plastic connectors they give you and direct connect the battery to the motor by using some of those crimp connector tubes.

And then being a sneaky sumbitch, I added a wire into each the positive and negative cables. I just twisted them together and then shoved them in the crimp connector tube. That way I had an extra wire I could run down to a screw I put in the inside of the stock. I then use the alligator clips on the screws to charge the battery. I tested it last night and everything works really great. Not to mention bypassing the lousy connectors they give you increased his rate of fire like three times...

MetroSonus

Postby Plink Floyd » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:57 am

MetroSonus wrote:Well i went ahead and got the gumchun to go ahead and try it
Mmm I love gumchun! Best with noodle you bet!

MetroSonus wrote:And then being a sneaky sumbitch, I added a wire into each the positive and negative cables increasing his rate of fire like three times...
Um, Metro, there's a guy here from the ATF for you... Oh, and an NSA guy too...

And oh yeah, Sarah Palin wants to buy one.
Plink Floyd

Postby ClavAnother » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:48 pm

ClavAnother

Postby selfinflikted » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:21 pm

There are no words, Clav. Well, except for:

"Feel that heat? That's from my undercarriage."
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby ClavAnother » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:51 pm

Nice.

I was gonna put some witty comment in there, but then I saw the image again and decided that I didn't have anything to add after all.
ClavAnother

Postby Plink Floyd » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:02 am

Nope... no addage necessary.

yow. :freak:
Plink Floyd

Postby MetroSonus » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:40 pm

they told her to hurry up and move it and it took her two (or seven) trips.

yeow :freak:
MetroSonus

Postby selfinflikted » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:42 pm

Ok, I seriously thought that was a dude. Honestly, I think it could go either way.
selfinflikted
Down in it

Return to The Hang Out.