A Recent Reunion

Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

A Recent Reunion

Postby selfinflikted » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:15 pm

I've just recently reunited with one of my best friends from about 10 years ago. He was the rhythm guitarist and lead singer of the last real band I was in. When the band broke up in circa '02, we parted ways on less-than-favorable terms and he and his wife moved several states away. They recently moved back to Mobile.

I had them over for dinner a couple of Saturdays ago, and we laughed and carried on like the last 10 years never happened. It was just like when people say "We picked up right where we left off." I showed him the "lab" (it's what I call my modest studio) and he was impressed enough to want to get together and begin writing some new music together.

This makes me very happy. I just thought I'd share. :jam:
selfinflikted
Down in it

Re: A Recent Reunion

Postby Purity_Control » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:26 pm

lol I call mine the lab sometimes too... like "come up to the lab..." :lol:

I never had a reunion like that. Usually I remember far too quickly why they got disposed of in the first place. :facepalm:
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby selfinflikted » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:30 pm

Purity_Control wrote:lol I call mine the lab sometimes too... like "come up to the lab..." :lol:

Yes. It sounds vaguely mysterious and foreboding. :cool:

Purity_Control wrote:I never had a reunion like that. Usually I remember far too quickly why they got disposed of in the first place. :facepalm:

Well he didn't get "disposed of" per se, but when the band broke up, there were some hard feelings between the two of us. Come to find out, it was mostly a misunderstanding. Go figure. So, we decided not to dwell on things that happened so long ago, and just be cool and write songs. So hopefully we will!
Last edited by selfinflikted on Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby christianrock » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:46 pm

Yeah I have friends like that. They all live in Brazil while I'm here in the US... but they're all in different cities so it's not like we would get the band back together if I moved back. Oh well. Congrats on good friends reuniting :drink:
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby Purity_Control » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:57 pm

Yes. It sounds vaguely mysterious and foreboding. :cool:

and from The Rocky Horror Show :grin: :grin:

a while back I got an email from an ex I hadn;t seen in about 15 years. I think we bounced about 2 emails an then I remembered why I hadn;t seen him for that long.
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby selfinflikted » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:21 pm

Purity_Control wrote:a while back I got an email from an ex I hadn;t seen in about 15 years. I think we bounced about 2 emails an then I remembered why I hadn;t seen him for that long.

I don't generally talk to exes (ex's?) but I could see how this could easily be the case. Tis why they are exes, after all. ;)
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby ElectricPuppy » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:27 pm

That's cool, SI. :thu: So get the band back together, record some tracks and let's hear them!
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby gregwar » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:45 am

I, for one, vote for more wireless instruments, such as the keytar :jam:

I also do collabs with old friends in person and online. I moved back to Winnipeg for this reason and its been really awesome ! (The collabs, not the city lol)

plus I have a lot of family here and it's nice to see them more regularly
gregwar

Postby selfinflikted » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:20 pm

ElectricPuppy wrote:That's cool, SI. :thu: So get the band back together, record some tracks and let's hear them!

Don't think the band will be getting back together, but hopefully we will have some tracks soon. I will be sure to post :)
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby MetroSonus » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:07 pm

Cool! :cool: Glad things are looking up for you guys.,
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby Purity_Control » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:55 am

Ditto... it's nice when things seem to work out, for a change.
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Return to The Hang Out.