Am I missing something?

Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Re: Am I missing something?

Postby Plink Floyd » Tue May 07, 2013 4:13 am

ClavAnother wrote:Sorry that's a ludwig supraphonic. I love that thing. It gets to go on every track.
OK. We still frens.

:wave:

-

But

Plink Floyd wrote:this weekend I have to attempt to trap and relocate a skunk
How can such claims go unremarked? Someone is clearly asleep at the switch. I'm almost of the mind to not tell what happened...

:cry:
Plink Floyd

Postby ElectricPuppy » Tue May 07, 2013 4:15 am

I believe this is the skunk under the rental? Are you saying you don't have an interesting story for us iiiiiinteresting people? My stars. (Oh this will never do, we'll just have to do a perma-ma-nent...)
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby Plink Floyd » Tue May 07, 2013 5:04 am

ElectricPuppy wrote:Are you saying you don't have an interesting story
I guess it could be an interesting narrative... It actually happened. Nobody got sprayed, but it has a pretty good "Aw Shit!" ending. Alas, I don't have time to tell it rite nao, and I forgot the pics of the trap, so, later this week I'll lay it on ya'll.
Plink Floyd

Postby christianrock » Tue May 07, 2013 1:57 pm

ClavAnother wrote:Thank you, my friend. :)

All of those guitar overdubs are the Mesa and the Hollowbody. I don't think I have tracked with only one guitar and one amp in over a decade, but that is how much I love that rig.

The vocals will go on after we retract it. I think there will be some format changes as well. I really like the song though.

Right now I'm trying to convince this one friend of mine who has a bunch of low end guitars and amps to have ONE good guitar and ONE good amp - his favorite is a Squier (argh) that I fitted with Seymour Duncans for him, it's his first guitar and he loves the plywood thing to death. But he should have one good guitar and amp and build up from there. That's what I do, my Strat is where I can get Knopfler and Eric Johnson sounds from, and everything else has to live up to its sound or it gets the hose :)

Mesa, something magical about it. Sometimes I hate how it has its own sound and for the fact that it is not a Fender. Then I keep coming back to it. Right now, after having retubed all 7 (yikes) preamp tubes it's singing sweeter than ever before.
My Fender amp on the other hand is annoying me as of late. It might be the speaker, but the louder it gets, the harder it is to get a sweet sound out of it. It gets a bit harsh...
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby christianrock » Tue May 07, 2013 2:00 pm

ElectricPuppy wrote:
midinut wrote:VA says "we'll pay for you to go back to school and get yer degree." No brainer.

No-brainer, indeed. :grin: That's a nice perk.

Indeed.

I should get back to school as well but for me it's a bit harder.

Or maybe I should buy a boat.

Or open up a restaurant :drink:
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby ClavAnother » Tue May 07, 2013 2:02 pm

I have a friend like that. He has aroun nine guitars and they all suck. He could have bought one great guitar and an awesome amp for what he spent in all those squirs, epiphones, and prs se crappers that never stay in tune.
ClavAnother

Postby ElectricPuppy » Tue May 07, 2013 4:13 pm

christianrock wrote:Or maybe I should buy a boat.

This. :thu:

Or a Squire. I heard those are teh bomb.
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby christianrock » Tue May 07, 2013 4:34 pm

ClavAnother wrote:I have a friend like that. He has aroun nine guitars and they all suck. He could have bought one great guitar and an awesome amp for what he spent in all those squirs, epiphones, and prs se crappers that never stay in tune.

Yeah.

Well I can't really say anything, I sold my higher end guitars a few years ago when I needed the money. But I still have some very good mid-level guitars that I put good electronics into (and in one case got back to the original specs because it just sounded better that way). And of course my Frankenstrat (Japan/USA parts) that sounds totally awesome yet is a bit of a pain in the "staying in tune" department.

ElectricPuppy wrote:
christianrock wrote:Or maybe I should buy a boat.

This. :thu:

Or a Squire. I heard those are teh bomb.

Squirrel? Where?
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby christianrock » Tue May 07, 2013 4:40 pm

Speaking of which. Do you know what I hate? Ads that say "Fender" everywhere but you look at the pictures and the guitar says "Squier". Dumbnuts, if it says Squier on the headstock, then at least call it what it is instead of wasting people's time.
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby selfinflikted » Tue May 07, 2013 4:46 pm

christianrock wrote:Dumbnuts, if it says Squier on the headstock, then at least call it what it is instead of wasting people's time.

selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby soundwave106 » Tue May 07, 2013 5:01 pm

This thread amuses me, being the owner of a budget guitar (a Yamaha Pacifica 112j).
But only one. That's as much as I'm good for. (I had a G&L Legacy at one time, but I'm not *nearly* good enough for that guitar).
BC | SC
soundwave106

Postby ElectricPuppy » Tue May 07, 2013 5:07 pm

I don't have a guitar, so I can't claim anything. Unless my bass counts as a guitar. Does a ukulele count?
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby selfinflikted » Tue May 07, 2013 5:09 pm

I fall into the shitty guitar category too, sadly. I have only one "decent" one - a Tele.
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby christianrock » Tue May 07, 2013 5:12 pm

That's ok though soundwave, you're not a guitar player.

Mike: Yes indeed it's a trap!

And no, your guitar playing isn't shitty. Stop trolling for compliments :lol:
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby selfinflikted » Tue May 07, 2013 5:14 pm

Hm. I see wut he did there. ANd I don't like it. Nope. Not one bit.

Also, me trolling? NEVER. BUt I was saying my guitarS are shitty, not playing. UNless you meant Soundwave. In which case, definite troll.
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby ElectricPuppy » Tue May 07, 2013 5:16 pm

selfinflikted wrote:BUt I was saying my guitarS are shitty, not playing.

Oh, I see. So you're like the Super King of Guitar Playing, now? Pfff dude, get over yourself.

Honestly.

:grin:
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby selfinflikted » Tue May 07, 2013 5:18 pm

Pretty sure he was talking about Soundwave. But, yea. I'm kinda a big deal.

lulz.

ETA: This post was originally post #420. That means something. I'm not sure what, but it does.
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby selfinflikted » Tue May 07, 2013 5:22 pm

Also, to completely change the subject, I am having extreme GAS for a Kurz PC3LE6 right now. It probably won't last long, as my mind tends to change more than your typical woman's, but right now I DO WANT.
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby ElectricPuppy » Tue May 07, 2013 5:25 pm

If we can't lulz, then what can we do? :grin:

I've occasionally had some gas for teh Kurz's. Not lately, though. My highest Kurz gas was when I was at NAMM a couple of years ago and Mister Dave Weiser demo'd a PC8K for me on the floor. If you want instantly recognizable presets that sound like they were lifted straight off the original recordings, then you won't be disappointed. Programming it looked a tad awkward to me, though, but he swore it was easy once you became One with The Way of it.
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby selfinflikted » Tue May 07, 2013 5:30 pm

ElectricPuppy wrote:If we can't lulz, then what can we do? :grin:

I've occasionally had some gas for teh Kurz's. Not lately, though. My highest Kurz gas was when I was at NAMM a couple of years ago and Mister Dave Weiser demo'd a PC8K for me on the floor. If you want instantly recognizable presets that sound like they were lifted straight off the original recordings, then you won't be disappointed. Programming it looked a tad awkward to me, though, but he swore it was easy once you became One with The Way of it.

Well, as you all know by now I'm sure, I want orchestra. I like hardware. It just seems to me that (believable) orchestral goodness + hardware (with a little VA sprinkled into the mix for good measure) = Kurz. Right?

DO THE MATH.
selfinflikted
Down in it

PreviousNext

Return to The Hang Out.