midinut

Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Re: midinut

Postby ElectricPuppy » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:49 am

Plink Floyd wrote:I don't think there's any coastiness about the cities under discussion. It's probably two hours to teh ocean from Raleigh

So far as this Cali-native is concerned, if it's any further than Vegas, it's East Coast. :lol:

You may now all mock me for my Calisnobbery. :grin:
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby Plink Floyd » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:58 am

If it's all the same to you, I think we'd prefer taunting to mockery...

Sngxx! He thinks Kansas is close to Poughkeepsie!
Plink Floyd

Postby BonsoWonderDog » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:40 am

DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
BonsoWonderDog

Postby MetroSonus » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:58 pm

Hey man... What's your take on the whole arturia collection? I've got a trial serial for review purposes that I think runs out in a year.

I really dig the whole thing, but if it expires, I'd go back and buy the mini v and the prophet 12. I think a lot of their synths capture that brassy whine they can be noted for, but those two are the stand outs in my opinion. I like the mini v over the gforce version.
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby gregwar » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:47 am

i am not teh midi nut..

i might pull the trigger on the v-collection 4 since it includes spark 2, sem, and the matrix 12

i really like the arturia synths i tried not as exact replicas but as synths in-and-of themselves (with a little bit of the character of the originals)

the prophet vs was awesum for 'phattening' up orchestral sounds. i would just layer 1-2 dark string or dark brass sounds under various kontakt libraries

the cs-80 had great pads (which you no doubt know). instead of having a real cs-80 and being scared to throw tons of different effects and try things with it the plug-in is really malleable. i tried bit crushers, verbs, delays, distortions, and weird combinations of those effects.

i still have a mixed reaction to the jupiter v. i had a super jupiter mks-80 (with the pg controller). it sounded so clean and pure, just beautiful. the jupiter v didn't do much for me but i only had the demo and didn't experiment much. there just isn't a way that i've heard to emulate the cross mod, pwm, filters, etc.

same with the prophet 5 (i've played a real prophet 5 and pro 1 at my friends). i've been seriously considering getting the newish prophet 12 if i can find a decent price second hand. so the plug-in would be cool but somewhat redundant.

the minimoog v doesn't sound as good as the monark for reaktor. i've compared the 70s mini to the voyager rme. they sound different but i actually prefer the rme because tuning is critical in bass applications. the stereo filters make it sound huge and wide, though not quite as huge as the original 70s mini.

again i want a voyager (with keyboard). i've bid on them on and off over the years and so far haven't nailed one down but will continue to try.
gregwar

Postby donaldcrunk » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:16 am

midinut, these sounds are real smooth! thanks for posting them up. i can see why japanese folks dig this stuff
donaldcrunk

Postby midinut » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:05 am

Well thank you kind sir! I appreciate that very much!
midinut

Postby christianrock » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:10 pm

gregwar wrote:i am not teh midi nut..

i might pull the trigger on the v-collection 4 since it includes spark 2, sem, and the matrix 12

i really like the arturia synths i tried not as exact replicas but as synths in-and-of themselves (with a little bit of the character of the originals)

the prophet vs was awesum for 'phattening' up orchestral sounds. i would just layer 1-2 dark string or dark brass sounds under various kontakt libraries

the cs-80 had great pads (which you no doubt know). instead of having a real cs-80 and being scared to throw tons of different effects and try things with it the plug-in is really malleable. i tried bit crushers, verbs, delays, distortions, and weird combinations of those effects.

i still have a mixed reaction to the jupiter v. i had a super jupiter mks-80 (with the pg controller). it sounded so clean and pure, just beautiful. the jupiter v didn't do much for me but i only had the demo and didn't experiment much. there just isn't a way that i've heard to emulate the cross mod, pwm, filters, etc.

same with the prophet 5 (i've played a real prophet 5 and pro 1 at my friends). i've been seriously considering getting the newish prophet 12 if i can find a decent price second hand. so the plug-in would be cool but somewhat redundant.

the minimoog v doesn't sound as good as the monark for reaktor. i've compared the 70s mini to the voyager rme. they sound different but i actually prefer the rme because tuning is critical in bass applications. the stereo filters make it sound huge and wide, though not quite as huge as the original 70s mini.

again i want a voyager (with keyboard). i've bid on them on and off over the years and so far haven't nailed one down but will continue to try.

I guess the lesson that you learned is, if you only want to have the plugin, never play the real thing, otherwise you'll be ruined forever :lol:

What do you think of the other moog synths for bass like the Sub37?
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby midinut » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:15 am

Wanted to send out an update. I graduated on Saturday from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte with my BA in Organizational Communication (whatever that is ...) and must now commence with finding suitable employment. Sorry to have been AWOL a whole bunch. Have missed you guys and gals yet have tried to poke my head in here from time to time and throw a punch or two when I could. Hopefully, you'll see and hear more of me now that I'm done. In retrospect, sure wish I had done that many years ago while my brain still had cells in it.

Musically, haven't done synthing in a while. Hopefully, I can get back into that while I'm looking.
Somewhere in there I got married to GF (whom shall going forward be referred to as wifey), adopted a rescue dog from the pound, daughter got married, wifey's daughter (now referred to as my stepdaughter) and her son moved back in with us - happy happy joy joy - and Santa Claus is coming to town.

Noticing that there had been lots of discussion of the Arturia V-Collection in this thread before it dropped back a page or two, just wanting to update that I shall be receiving the new upgrade to V-Collection 5 for Christmas. Been working with Logic and Mainstage on my MBP and still trying to figure that all out. Still hanging on to Cubase (probably won't upgrade it any further - sitting on v7.5).

So, glad to be back ... glad to give my brain (or what's left of it) a break for a bit ... and wanted to wish all of you and your families a Merry Christmas or Happy Holiday if you prefer.
midinut

Postby Purity_Control » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:41 am

Ha! Smart... good to have you back.

Seems a bit quiet around here lately... guess we have all got our heads down with crap in RL.
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby MetroSonus » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:35 pm

Hey, welcome back! :wave: Great news!

PC, fuuuuuuuu.. trying taking care of a 14 year old by your self. Ugh. :facepalm:

Yea it does seem like everyone is going through some kind of transition right now
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby christianrock » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:01 pm

Congratulations on your graduation, midinut!

And Metro - your son is very lucky to have a great dad, I think one day he will realize that. Even if right now he's probably doing "fuuuuuuuuuuuuu" himself :)
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby ClavAnother » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:11 pm

Purity_Control wrote:Ha! Smart... good to have you back.

Seems a bit quiet around here lately... guess we have all got our heads down with crap in RL.

I kill threads every day :idk:
ClavAnother

Postby Purity_Control » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:55 pm

It's your standard of musicianship... every time you post, you don't realise it, but it makes our houses shake... Eugene goes and hides under the sofa. :jam:
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby ElectricPuppy » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:52 pm

Congrats on your graduation, Midi! That's gotta feel nice, right? And congrats on nuptials, too!

Yeah... it's been quiet here, for reasons that I think PC hit right on the head.
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby gregwar » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:52 am

yay midiwar !!

good job

:thumbsup:
gregwar

Postby Plink Floyd » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:44 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap:

:wave: