Arduino Uno: you know?

Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Re: Arduino Uno: you know?

Postby Plink Floyd » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:45 pm

Well, I am dissapoint with Raspberry pi as a media player. I mean, it's adequate (barely) for playing movie files, but that takes all the proc power there is. For instance, there's no lightening up a dark movie, & sometimes even playing a VOB file will choke it. SMB networking is a pita. And you can forget altogether trying to have more than three or four tabs open in Chromium.

I have, however, grown fond of living room computing. The Lazy Boy is more comfy than my office chair. So I'm just gonna use the rasp for something else and bung a PC into my entertainment cab.

Wutchu guise think is the best Linux distro for HTPC?
Plink Floyd

Re: Arduino Uno: you know?

Postby ElectricPuppy » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:55 pm

Dunno. I've gotten familiar with Ubuntu, so that's pretty much the only distro I know.

I've started to rip our disks to a Windows box that runs Plex, though. No real problems running movies from their to an Amazon Firebox we have hooked up to the main TV. I haven't actually tried transcoding any of the movie files yet, so they're quickly eating up my hard drive as I rip each one. I do wish ripping the discs was faster, though. About 20-25 mins if it's a bluray, and I've got a lot more to do.
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Previous

Return to The Hang Out.