Craigslist Shens

Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Craigslist Shens

Postby Plink Floyd » Sun May 27, 2012 11:53 am

Me, selling le fishng bote: "Bote for Sale! Who wants?"

Cl scammer:

"Hello,
Thanks for your response,am the one emailed you in the other time about this item,and am very happy you still have it up for sale,have gone through the item on craiglit and i will love to buy it from you as soon as i can before someone else,am ready to pay your asking price for this item,and i will likely make the payment for you with a check, which am very sure you should get within 2 - 3 days,As per the pick-up,I have an account with a delivery company,so they will come for the pick up,after you must have recieved the check and have it cashed at your bank.and I'll also add you an extra $40 so that you can keep the item in my favor.but I will be out of town for a seminar, so i wiil have my wife to sent you the check,once you email me your

FULL NAME, THAT WILL BE ON THE CHECK,
MAILLING ADDRESS,
CITY,
ZIP CODE
CELL PHONE NUMBER,

I would really appreciate if you can take the posting off the site today and consider it sold to me,and i will also love to see more pics of this item,i look forward to the required information mail out check,so my wife can proceed on sending out the check to you today,i will email you again and comfirm to you immediately she sent you the
check in the mail, Thanks..."

How does this scam work?

The 'delivery company' shows up before the 'check' clears? He says he never gets the item and demands his money back? He claims diplomatic immaturity? Wut?
Plink Floyd

Re: Craigslist Shens

Postby Purity_Control » Sun May 27, 2012 1:07 pm

probably what you said, but hard to say.

i really get creeped out by setups that are technically faultless but have potentially engineerable and deniable points of failure in them, had one recently that was actually ok but I didn;t like that they were going to paypal me right before the pickup, figured it would suck if their paypal account just happened to be not working at the last minute and then they decided to turn up with cash and try and do the 'this is all i have' routine, which is a fucking annoyance.

imo stick with the cliche about things that appear too good to be true usually being!
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby Plink Floyd » Mon May 28, 2012 11:13 am

Camper sold!

It was never big enough, anyway.

And the bote will probably go this morning.
Plink Floyd

Postby Plink Floyd » Mon May 28, 2012 9:00 pm

Bye bye fishing bote and camper. :cry:

Hello thirty more sq ft of grass to mow. :mad:

Hello monies. :love:
Plink Floyd

Postby MetroSonus » Mon May 28, 2012 10:45 pm

now buy a robot wife?
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby Purity_Control » Mon May 28, 2012 11:27 pm

sexbot!
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby Plink Floyd » Tue May 29, 2012 7:32 am

Plink Floyd

Postby ElectricPuppy » Tue May 29, 2012 5:14 pm

dem lips...

dem eyes...

dem wheels...

:love:
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby Plink Floyd » Wed May 30, 2012 3:42 am

Ya, she's a looker, but inner beauty counts, too. CFMs and pneumatic head pressure, she haz thems. Not much of a conversationalist, though. You'd think she'd be a real blowhard, but she's actually pretty vacuous.
Plink Floyd

Postby christianrock » Wed May 30, 2012 3:53 pm

I also wonder how that thing works.

My guess is the scam actually is in the follow up email.
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby Purity_Control » Wed May 30, 2012 4:38 pm

I image the good head pressure was the selling point for you Plinky? :lol:
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby christianrock » Wed May 30, 2012 8:25 pm

So why did you sell the bote and camper? The son outgrew fishing with his dad?

Which reminds me, I need to buy a couple fishing rods. My son's been asking.
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby Plink Floyd » Wed May 30, 2012 10:06 pm

Ya know, I myself was never seriously hooked on fishing. The boy, not at all. Princess precious likes it much more than meself, but she was always happy blue gilling from the bank, so messing with an old bote and heavy motor was just not necessary.

I only had it because Pop bought it when I was 3 or 4 and sentiment and all that. But for years, it's been just a mowing obstacle, so gtfo.

But dig; the dude that bought it would not take the old trailer it sat on, so I still have to mow around that!

:grrr:
Plink Floyd

Postby Plink Floyd » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:56 am

My local CL is frequently a forum for outraged geetarists pissing about people hawking Squires as Fenders ect.

Here, a worm turns:

gibson les paul standard duncan pickups - $350 (indy)

Well ok, It's not a Gibson, it's an epiphone. They're just as good anyway. Oh, and the pickups are Duncan designed, but I'm pretty sure they're the same thing. This guitar is in like new condition, except for the broken neck that I professionally repaired. I must admit it is more difficult to play since the neck was professionally repaired. The hot glue went on much thicker than I thought it would. Other than that, the guitar is in perfect condition, well except for the belt buckle rash, but all well played guitars have buckle rash. It adds mojo. Please feel free to email with any questions or comments. I will be happy to return your email with profanity aimed at you and your entire family, when you rightfully point out how full of B.S. I am. Thanks and God bless
it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Posting ID: 4150252058 Posted: 2013-10-25, 12:58AM EDT
Plink Floyd

Postby christianrock » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:11 pm

There's a Craigslist shenanigan now where they'll post something very cheap, and when you message them, they said "I got 3 (or 4) of these at bidcactus.com, they're so cheap I buy stuff there for a profit, I win all the time!".

A quick look on google revealed this bidcactus is a site where you basically have to pay to be able to bid, and when you bid you never win. And if you do win, there's some fine print that says they don't really have to send it to you, or something. So the site stays online, but it's a scam.
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby selfinflikted » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:23 pm

christianrock wrote:There's a Craigslist shenanigan now where they'll post something very cheap, and when you message them, they said "I got 3 (or 4) of these at bidcactus.com, they're so cheap I buy stuff there for a profit, I win all the time!".

A quick look on google revealed this bidcactus is a site where you basically have to pay to be able to bid, and when you bid you never win. And if you do win, there's some fine print that says they don't really have to send it to you, or something. So the site stays online, but it's a scam.

:eek:

:facepalm:
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby selfinflikted » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:24 pm

Plink Floyd wrote:My local CL is frequently a forum for outraged geetarists pissing about people hawking Squires as Fenders ect.

Here, a worm turns:

gibson les paul standard duncan pickups - $350 (indy)

Well ok, It's not a Gibson, it's an epiphone. They're just as good anyway. Oh, and the pickups are Duncan designed, but I'm pretty sure they're the same thing. This guitar is in like new condition, except for the broken neck that I professionally repaired. I must admit it is more difficult to play since the neck was professionally repaired. The hot glue went on much thicker than I thought it would. Other than that, the guitar is in perfect condition, well except for the belt buckle rash, but all well played guitars have buckle rash. It adds mojo. Please feel free to email with any questions or comments. I will be happy to return your email with profanity aimed at you and your entire family, when you rightfully point out how full of B.S. I am. Thanks and God bless
it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Posting ID: 4150252058 Posted: 2013-10-25, 12:58AM EDT

This is good, no doubt. But if you REALLY want to bust a gut laughing.. try out the "Missed Connections" or whatever it's called in the personals sextion. Actually, the personals in general are pretty great for a laugh.
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby Plink Floyd » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:23 am

The cl personal sections are teh verboten @ my work, and I don't fart around on teh internets much at home.

Wut? Well, no, this right here doesn't count. No not one bit.

Treehaus be SRS BIZZ!
Plink Floyd

Postby gregwar » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:40 pm

REPOST:

pianist by greg_war, on Flickr

(this was a real cl add i screen-grabbed)
gregwar

Postby Plink Floyd » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:17 am

This is weird:

I listed an iPod on ebay with Buy It Now*. I immediately looked for the live listing, but teh dashboard thingy said "u haz nothing for salez". Turns out, it had already sold. In 59 seconds! They who bought it seem to be re-sellers of iPods, so they must have some sort of speedy search and bid bot. I know you can set up custom searches that email you when someone lists whatev you're looking for, but, 59 seconds? Sheesh.

*As recommended by Clavaseller™.
Plink Floyd

Next

Return to The Hang Out.