Poor Japan.....

Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Poor Japan.....

Postby BonsoWonderDog » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:18 am

I was there only a few weeks ago.

I feel very sad for them - they've been in a recession for years, now this.

Not sure why but I feel a real kinship with Japan. Always have. I would move there if I had the opportunity.

I feel like I've been dodging bullets....I was away in Norway and Japan whilst all the flooding and cyclones ravaged here, and when I come home Japan goes pearshaped.
DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
BonsoWonderDog

Re: Poor Japan.....

Postby ElectricPuppy » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:15 am

I feel bad for Japan, too. "That's gonna leave a mark" kinda applies here, I think. Get well soon, Japan!
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby Plink Floyd » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:18 am

The videos are unreal. I mean, if you didn't know it really happened and someone said "hey, look at this utoob of a giant wall of muddy seawater pushing buildings and trawlers for miles up into the farmlands", you'd say "wow, nice CGI".
Plink Floyd

Postby Purity_Control » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:31 pm

Pushing buildings on fire :(

That's bloody grim. At least the only disaster here is the recession and two guys in charge who are only missing a stooge.
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby MetroSonus » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:43 pm

it's ironic that obama is being criticized for not being proactive enough on libya and then france just got criticized for being an early adopter.

I dont get this world sometimes.

yea that crap is terrible though. :cry:

Not sure why but I feel a real kinship with Japan.

i'm that way with china, cept I wouldn't move there. the only now we have is here, but it's interesting to think about reincarnation and all. every since I was a kid i loved kungfu movies and chinese food. my whole life i've read magazines from back to front, right to left, long before manga ever made it to america. for fun I did an online tarot reading once and supposedly i've had many lives in japan and china and it said my friend dave, who is from hong kong, was one of my kids. the damn thing must be right because me and my wife have joked around for years that he's another kid of ours with the way he acts and everything.
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby Purity_Control » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:30 pm

You really believe in that stuff?

Come to think of it, are there any geeks that aren;t into Japan/China/Korea these days?
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby MetroSonus » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:17 pm

:idk: just something to think about it all. I just assume I don't know everything about the nature of the universe, so who knows. :lol: I've liked chinese "stuff" long before asia ever became a fad. and i don't see "japan" as anything more than a novelty for me really. although in allot of way i can identify with allot cultural isms...
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby ClavAnother » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:29 am

internet
ClavAnother

Return to The Hang Out.