England - WTF

Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

England - WTF

Postby christianrock » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:41 pm

Meanwhile, in Bernard and Purity's good ol'England...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/outdoo ... glars.html
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Re: England - WTF

Postby Plink Floyd » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:01 pm

I thought that happened here, too. Burglars suing their victims for negligence, I mean. That's why all the self defense gurus say "Let 'em come in, then shoot 'em dead. No lawyer will represent a dead guy, as it's almost impossible to collect his fees".
Plink Floyd

Postby MetroSonus » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:00 pm

MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby christianrock » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:04 pm

Plink Floyd wrote:I thought that happened here, too. Burglars suing their victims for negligence, I mean. That's why all the self defense gurus say "Let 'em come in, then shoot 'em dead. No lawyer will represent a dead guy, as it's almost impossible to collect his fees".

Yeah but this time, it's actually the POLICE who are telling the citizens not to protect themselves, because if they do it in a manner that is hurtful to the criminals, they are in serious trouble :lol:

It's taking it much, much further than a few activist judges have here in the past...
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby Purity_Control » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:41 pm

No, the police are telling the people that there could be a civil action/no win no fee scumbag lawyer case against them if a burglar gets injured, but that is only information rather than advice as civil action is out of the polices hands and they can't actually stop any crook plus scumbag lawyer from engaging in speculative litigation.

I wouldn;t trust anything much that appears in the tabloids here, esp. the Torygraph or Daily Heil, it's usually pretty badly distorted, or just made up.

Btw there was a funny story a friend told me about 15 years back about a case like this, where a young lad scaled the fence of a factory, snuck through the grounds, then climbed on the roof to try and find a way in to burgle the place. Only he fell through the roof, hit a machine on the way down and broke his leg.

When his mom threatened to sue the factory, they decided he'd damaged the machine which needed replaceing and they were going to counter sue for £30k. After that the scumbags dropped the case.
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby christianrock » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:59 pm

Purity_Control wrote:Torygraph or Daily Heil

That's pretty funny :lol:

Hopefully you're right and it's not the case. These news "institutions" should know that people out of the UK read this and we think that it's come to this :snax:
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby Purity_Control » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:30 pm

lol i don;t doubt they know or that they don;t care.

if you want to know what the standard of tabloid reporting is like here, try kill or cure

it's a compilation of Daily Heil articles which appear to be trying to categorise everything into either causing or curing cancer, or both.

facebook apparently causes cancer
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Return to The Hang Out.