Beer.

Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Re: Beer.

Postby ClavAnother » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:24 am

:facepalm: this thread is now about beer again.

:facepalm:
ClavAnother

Postby soundwave106 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:28 pm

The first thing that comes up on a Google search on "penis" and "beer" is a story about a guy who cut his own penis off and blamed Busch beer. This is an interesting warning.

Several of the Founding Fathers brewed their own beer and left us recipe notes. Thomas Jefferson's notes make him seem like a pretty good homebrewer of fine English style ales. George Washington's recipe, er, is not to our taste (due to a lack of barley, George like many colonial people often made "beer" out of not-so-beery ingredients like molasses).

Colonial era booze concoctions (like "flip" -- strong ale, rum, molasses, and other optional ingredients like raw eggs, mixed together and heated quickly with a hot fire poker) has not exactly held its popularity in modern America. I look forward to people 300 years in the future looking at our "weird" drinks like obsessions with Red Bull cocktails and hipster hopheads and whatnot.
BC | SC
soundwave106

Postby ElectricPuppy » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:23 pm

And now a report from our in-the-field beer reporter, ElectricPuppy. What's the latest, EP?

Beer still sucks. Back to you in the studio.

ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby ClavAnother » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:12 pm

Diet Budweiser is not teh beer
ClavAnother

Postby selfinflikted » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:28 pm

ElectricPuppy wrote:Beer still sucks. Back to you in the studio.

Thanks, E.P.

This just in...

"Budweiser's new 'Raz-Ber-Ita' flavor is the sux0rz. However, new studies suggest that their 'Mango-Rita' is the tits. In fact, Big Fat Oprah Tits."

And now for the weather...
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby Purity_Control » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:47 pm

I just downed a bottle of spitfire.
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby soundwave106 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:15 am

I am sitting here, listening to Miles Davis, drinking a hipster hophead beer (one of our local ones, Cigar City Jai Alai).

If you think it sucks, good. More for me. :)
BC | SC
soundwave106

Postby ClavAnother » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:18 am

I'm sitting here waiting for a backup to finish...

But more importantly I'm playing around with the TR-8 syncing the Minibrute, plus the SuPeRMS20mInIMAXI running with an analog sequencer and manually synced to the TR-8

BUT MOAR importantly than that...I'm enjoying some Beck's Dark.

:kraftwerk:
ClavAnother

Postby ClavAnother » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:17 am

ClavAnother

Postby MetroSonus » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:15 pm

MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby christianrock » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:55 pm

I like how they don't even try to make it look like an actual t-shirt stamp anymore :lol:
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby MetroSonus » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:08 pm

I thought that pic was funny :lol: It seemed like a metro sized length someone went to for a joke.

Posted for worthiness. :lol:
MetroSonus

Postby selfinflikted » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:14 pm

Speaking of beer, there's a beer festival in downtown Mobile tomorrow. I'm not going.
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby MetroSonus » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:37 pm

why not?

'round here we get "craft beer festivals" Image < that's pretty much what I think of them. Full of douche bags in plaid shirts with huge beards. "Whoo look at me I"m over 40 and just work a part time job and still live at home...."

I think it's just a shame that we have such a rich history here with many good places to go that nobody knows about simply because they aren't trendy. I mean we have this place called the "taco bus" and it's on every hipsters daily lunch agenda. You pay like 10$ a taco for little better than taco bell yet our town is full of 100% authentic taco stands that no white person would go near.

I think it's a shame really... they missing out on some good eatin :snax:
MetroSonus

Postby christianrock » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:06 pm

Ah yes back when I lived in Tampa I went to some good Mexican eateries. Good tiemz.
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby selfinflikted » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:14 pm

Why not? Eh. I like beer as much as the next guy, but I'm not in love with it enough to pay out the ass to stand in the streets downtown sweating my balls off, smelling everyone else's sweat and B.O., trying to push through crowds just for a few beers. I can do that in the relative comfort of my apartment, with a 6'er. Preferably a 6'er of Magic Hat beer. Semi-pale ale. Mmm.
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby MetroSonus » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:06 pm

Ah yes back when I lived in Tampa I went to some good Mexican eateries. Good tiemz.

Yea I'm really glad I've been introduced to so many places. I hate to say it but if it hadn't been for my wife, I wouldn't have gone into half the places I now enjoy. Definitely a lesson there..

I like beer as much as the next guy, but I'm not in love with it enough to pay out the ass to stand in the streets downtown sweating my balls off

me either.. when I was younger that was the biggest moment in my week when I could go sit in a club / bar over the weekend.

Now? Give me a stereo, some rock and roll and I'd rather sit in the yard, preferably around a camp fire. And that's only on special occasions. I hardly drink anymore.
MetroSonus

Postby selfinflikted » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:24 pm

MetroSonus wrote:Now? Give me a stereo, some rock and roll and I'd rather sit in the yard, preferably around a camp fire.

I'll drink to that!

:drink:
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby soundwave106 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:44 pm

MetroSonus wrote:'round here we get "craft beer festivals" Image < that's pretty much what I think of them. Full of douche bags in plaid shirts with huge beards. "Whoo look at me I"m over 40 and just work a part time job and still live at home...."

Craft beer festivals used to be pretty fun say 15 years ago when craft beer wasn't Trendy (around here at least) and the crowd was mostly homebrewer geeks, newgrass hippie types (for some reason), certain nerd and geek types (eg Ren Fest types who liked to brew because medieval or something), and random misc. people who just didn't enjoy drinking the dominant light lager.

Everyone was pretty chill in these type of fests. The exception was those fests where non-craft beer types crashed in to get shitfaced and spoil the vibe. Other than that, it was cool. It certainly wasn't super crowded like now.

Now even many of the "craft beer" so-called fans at festivals are assholes, of a different sort: pushiness and counterfeit tickets just so they can get the latest Rare Super Duper Small Batch Ultra Premium Hoppy Stout Bottle Thingy. So they can go trade it or sell it on Ebay. :facepalm: (You can Google Cigar City's 2014 Hunahpu Day fiasco to get what I'm talking about, that fiasco was bound to happen somewhere, it just happened here first.)
BC | SC
soundwave106

Postby Purity_Control » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:48 pm

This evening I am drinking Fursty Ferret

"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

PreviousNext

Return to The Hang Out.