Happy Australia Day !!!

Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Re: Happy Australia Day !!!

Postby ElectricPuppy » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:47 pm

All beer tastes like urine. :cry: I does not like beer. I *WISH* I liked beer, it's a nice social thing.
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby BonsoWonderDog » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:57 pm

I'm not a beer fan either. I can drink it, but only if there's nothing else.

I know that's very un-Australian of me.
DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
BonsoWonderDog

Postby Tomkeen » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:58 pm

You just have crappy beer over there. I'm in the midst of beer-nirvana. I drink tons of the stuff. It's NICE.
Tomkeen

Postby Plink Floyd » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:24 am

Tomkeen wrote:You just have crappy beer over there. I'm in the midst of beer-nirvana. I drink tons of the stuff. It's NICE.
So, the Nether Nether Lands are the nirvana of beer? How, now, dost thou support this boastery?

I was gonna mention Ben Franklin's t-shirt worthy quote about how beer proves God loves us, but upon further investigation, it seems the t-shirts are not entirely accurate. Turns out he said

"We hear of the conversion of water into wine at the marriage in Cana as of a miracle. But this conversion is, through the goodness of God, made every day before our eyes. Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards; there it enters the roots of the vines, to be changed into wine; a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy. The miracle in question was only performed to hasten the operation, under circumstances of present necessity, which required it."

He also said "To confirm still more your piety and gratitude to Divine Providence, reflect upon the situation which it has given to the elbow. You see in animals, who are intended to drink the waters that flow upon the earth, that if they have long legs, they have also a long neck, so that they can get at their drink without kneeling down. But man, who was destined to drink wine, must be able to raise the glass to his mouth. If the elbow had been placed nearer the hand, the part in advance would have been too short to bring the glass up to the mouth; and if it had been placed nearer the shoulder, (as in Figure 4) that part would have been so long that it would have carried the wine far beyond the mouth. But by the actual situation, (represented in Figure 5), we are enabled to drink at our ease, the glass going exactly to the mouth. Let us, then, with glass in hand, adore this benevolent wisdom; -- let us adore and drink!"
Plink Floyd

Postby Plink Floyd » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:34 am

ElectricPuppy wrote:All beer tastes like urine. :cry: I does not like beer. I *WISH* I liked beer, it's a nice social thing.
I like beer way too much. It's wine that is piss to me. I wish I liked it, so that I could understand why some swoon with pleasure when tasting a 'good' vintage.

Clam juice isn't for dinking, it's used to flavor other foods, like scampi sauce or Clamato Juice™ which I quite like. I actually contrived an original cocktail with that stuff and vodka: the Bloody Mariner. :grin:

I, too, wish to visit Oz. But I want to cruise there; all day in commercial jets would be teh sux.
Plink Floyd

Postby Tomkeen » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:46 pm

Plink Floyd wrote:
Tomkeen wrote:You just have crappy beer over there. I'm in the midst of beer-nirvana. I drink tons of the stuff. It's NICE.
So, the Nether Nether Lands are the nirvana of beer? How, now, dost thou support this boastery?

Don't have to. It just is. Truth.
Tomkeen

Postby christianrock » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:52 pm

Tomkeen doth speaketh the truth.

Well. Except it's Belgium, not the Netherlands.

Oh and Belgium seems to be the only country that does vocal trance right, too. Must be the beer.
Last edited by christianrock on Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby ElectricPuppy » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:53 pm

Hey, isn't Australia Day over by now? LOCK THIS THREAD. \.:mad:.? Unlock it next year.
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby Tomkeen » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:05 pm

christianrock wrote:Tomkeen doth speaketh the truth.

Well. Except it's Belgium, not the Netherlands.

Oh and Belgium seems to be the only country that does vocal trance right, too. Must be the beer.

The Belgians make great beer. You can get any Belgian beer here in Holland. But you cannot get all the Dutch beers in Belgium. That's what makes Pays-Bas nirvana. We also have the best German beer, Czech beer etc.
Tomkeen

Postby christianrock » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:15 pm

Maybe it's more like, in Belgium they don't want Dutch beer because they have the Belgium beers :poke:
:grin: :drink:
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby Tomkeen » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:34 pm

NO :mad:
Tomkeen

Postby ElectricPuppy » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:44 pm

WHY IS THIS THREAD NOT LOCKED YET :mad:
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby Tomkeen » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:51 pm

BECAUSE WE ARE TALKING ABOUT BEER
Tomkeen

Postby ElectricPuppy » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:58 pm

OH ALRIGHT THEN CARRY ON
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby Plink Floyd » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:27 am

Tomkeen wrote:
Plink Floyd wrote:

Don't have to. It just is. Truth.

Oh, so that's how it is, huh? Well, do you have this?

Well, do ya, Mr. Aryian Superiority Pants?

wut? No, we don't have it either, but that's beside the point.
Plink Floyd

Postby BonsoWonderDog » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:44 am

ElectricPuppy wrote:WHY IS THIS THREAD NOT LOCKED YET :mad:

BECAUSE IT IS MY SUPERTHREAD !!!!
DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
BonsoWonderDog

Postby Plink Floyd » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:12 am

BY THE POWERS INBREASTED IN ME, I HEREBY DECLARE THAT
EVERYDAY IS NOW AUSTRAILIA DAY!*

*at least until the beer runs out.
Plink Floyd

Postby Plink Floyd » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:33 am

Besides, wouldn't it be "Beer Valhalla"? :grin:

But what of English beer? When I visited, I loved the bitters.

I also loved the brit attitude towards beer and tippling in general. I was there on biz and the plant I visited (in Wrexham*) had a 'club' located on the company grounds. For very little dosh the employees could become members of this club & eat very good lunches & suppers there. But what amazed me was the fact that, not only was this club mostly subsidized by the company, but it was really a pub. No one thought anything of the workers popping in there for a quick pint (or two or three) at any time during the work day. Can you imaginge trying that in Peoria?

*Damn near kills em lol!
Plink Floyd

Postby Purity_Control » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:13 pm

proper dutch beers are nice, don't buy then in the UK though, or you'll get a bottle of piss that was brewed under license.
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby Tomkeen » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:56 pm

Word. English beers are nice too.
Tomkeen

PreviousNext

Return to The Hang Out.