So, What'd Santy Bring Ya?

Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Re: So, What'd Santy Bring Ya?

Postby Purity_Control » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:50 pm

It's a pity they don't seem to be cast offs here as a concept, some of that stuff is not worth more than $2 for fun but everyone has to try and rack it up.
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby MetroSonus » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:03 pm

over here i guess it depends on where you are. in the 'burbs, it's junk and nobody makes any money off of it. But in the city, they hand pick stuff and anything mid century modern or vintage etc they mark the hell up, just mainly because they're located close the the re urbanization douche bags that are living in former crack houses, listening to arcade fire and calling themselves artists for getting drunk and watching "art films".

But anyway, ebay does the same thing too. a phone like the one i found for 2$ would be listed at 30$.. :idk:

I think half the fun is just finding stuff anyway, so I don't try or go out of my way really. And indeed, i'm not going to pay that much either..
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby topcat » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:23 pm

2 words....American Pickers on History channel. :love:
topcat

Postby ClavAnother » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:07 pm

topcat wrote:2 words....American Pickers on History channel. :love:

do you know how many beans make five TC?
ClavAnother

Postby Purity_Control » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:23 pm

Pickers like, erm, nose pickers? :confuse:
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby Plink Floyd » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:16 am

3³ - 22

or

one bean two bean red bean blue bean.
Plink Floyd

Postby ClavAnother » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:34 am

one in each ear, one in each nostril, and one in your mouth :idk:
ClavAnother

Postby Plink Floyd » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:09 am

My Mommy said not to put beans in my ears.

Plink Floyd

Postby Purity_Control » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:41 pm

Dear God. :facepalm:
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby topcat » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:54 pm

ClavAnother wrote:
topcat wrote:2 words....American Pickers on History channel. :love:

do you know how many beans make five TC?

emmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

topcat

Postby topcat » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:07 pm

topcat

Postby topcat » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:09 pm

Purity_Control wrote:Pickers like, erm, nose pickers? :confuse:

American Pickers is a show about 2 guys from Iowa who travel across the country looking for vintage stuff and collectibles. Usually they find the stuff in folks barns and on other pickers property. They make an offer on the stuff and then turn around and sell it.
I'm sure there may be some nose picking along their journey during those long hours in the van.

http://www.history.com/shows/american-pickers
topcat

Postby Plink Floyd » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:42 am

Hey, Topcat!

:wave:

So, did everyone cop a haul this year? Or at least get some quality holiday time or warm fuzzies?

I and mine were pretty satisfied, thank you.

I Thank You Santa!
Plink Floyd

Postby Purity_Control » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:14 am

I didn't cop much of anything, although the last week has seen a lot of nice food and drink (and now I am getting back in the gym!).

I do have a backlit gaming keyboard I still need to connect up... was going to get into Bioshock Infinite over the break, sadly I find now that it won't run on windows expee... so that bit of fun will have to wait until I replace the puter later in the new year.

Did bag Batman:Arkham City for myself... which the blurb says is fine on XP.
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby selfinflikted » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:02 pm

I got a two-tiered keyboard stand, so I would most certainly fit in to any 80's synthpop music video now. I feel so professional when I'm standing near it.

Also, lots of dvds and blurays, lots of food, family and friends as well. In all, a good Christmas! ...I am just glad it's now over. :jam:
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby MetroSonus » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:29 pm

I got a lot of outdoorsy stuff. I bought myself a new BB gun, some camo, some molle pouches, german stuff to spice it up with. We also bought the family a camp stove with some giftcards my dad re-gifted us.

I kinda took this year off of music cause after gradschool, I wanted to get us setup a bit more so we can go out and do more, outside preferably. My son is hooked on mine craft and I think we're about over all the touristy stuff there is to do here, although we just bought Busch Gardens season tickets again. Although I have to admit, that's a lot of fun to hit after noon or so when the crowds have died down and it's really close. But mainly we're trying to make an effort to get out of the house and do nature / history stuff more often.

But next year, I'm looking at getting Spark LE, I had a chance to play around with it at Guitar Centaur and I really liked it. Then it's back to basics for me, a few synths (Dune, Tube OHM Vintage, M1 / Wave Station ect.) reverbs, a matersting suite ala Ozone and various kontakt and Alchemy expansions.
MetroSonus

Postby selfinflikted » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:44 pm

MetroSonus wrote:<SNIP>... german stuff to spice it up with. <SNIP>

I am interested. Tell me more.
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby MetroSonus » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:52 pm

Just flags to go on my hat / shoulders. I'm wearing flectarn, which is the german camo. I love the g36s and I also like the stippling / blurring camo better than the modern digital patterns. I don't think those are as effective to be honest. As flecktarn is a stippling pattern and it also goes with the german thing, I'm wearing that. It works really well during fall and sooner or later I'm going to get a set of A TACS FG, which is a blurring camo, for summer. I'll need something to trade off with as 1. that way I don't wear and tear one thing too much and 2. I need a lighter setup for summer cause it is way too hot down here with the humidity and heat.

I've allways been kind of a latent military nerd and playing airsoft has allowed to let it out some :lol:

Hey, Topcat!

How ya been?
MetroSonus

Postby MetroSonus » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:54 pm

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (487.33 KiB) Viewed 1932 times

I need a bigger plate carrier...
MetroSonus

Postby selfinflikted » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:23 pm

That is cool! I've always had slightly more than a passing interest in German military stuffs, which is why I ask. Especially WWII stuffs (my mom's side of the family is German ((her maiden name = Braun))).
selfinflikted
Down in it

PreviousNext

Return to The Hang Out.