So, What'd Santy Bring Ya?

Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Re: So, What'd Santy Bring Ya?

Postby ClavAnother » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:25 am

to PuppyMan: Why not just build it for fun, then play with it... If you don't like it you can sell it built on ebay.

=win

CR, I had a hard time imagining life without faders and knobs, but in the end I finally switched and I took to it like a clav to a wah. In other words I don't know why I waited, and I have never looked back. With a daw, you don't end up needing to do all that fiddling about like you do with a linear recorder and a hardware mixer. Plus the pros out weigh the cons once you do it. The only trouble is convincing yourself beforehand. It seemed impossible that I would be happy "mousing around", and I also used a computer all day long at work :blah: But anyway, you have a green light, so just do whatever you feel like doing, shit, flip a coin.
ClavAnother

Postby Plink Floyd » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:59 am

ElectricPuppy wrote:I can't imagine how they'd manage MIDI OUT with the continuous ranges that the pitch/volume work with.
Moog's Ethervox® MIDI Theremin is the one I was thinking of, but it's apparently out of production. Dunno why, at only $4950.

Sez there: "The Ethervox's MIDI data can be played back through the Ethervox itself, or through any MIDI sound generator that is capable of wide-range pitch-bend. Thus you can create a virtually limitless array of dramatic and expressive continuously varying musical gestures simply by moving your hands around the Ethervox's antennas, and you can fine-tune each gesture once you've recorded it in your sequencer."

http://www.moogmusic.com/theremin/?sect ... duct_id=11
Plink Floyd

Postby ElectricPuppy » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:18 am

ClavAnother wrote:...

to PuppyMan: Why not just build it for fun, then play with it... If you don't like it you can sell it built on ebay.

=win

Oh well then, what the hell, why not? :lol:

Who wants to see a pictorial on the makings of a Moog Etherwave? anyone? anyone?
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby Plink Floyd » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:28 am

Aye.

Did it come with it's own wooden box, or are you gonna craft one from Peruvian picklewood or something?
Plink Floyd

Postby ElectricPuppy » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:36 am

Came with an unfinished box made in ash.

I'd like to hear suggestions on finish. I'm leaning towards paint, but don't have a solid idea on color.
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby ClavAnother » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:42 am

ElectricPuppy wrote:Who wants to see a pictorial on the makings of a Moog Etherwave? anyone? anyone?

:wave:
ClavAnother

Postby ElectricPuppy » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:22 am

I've started a fresh thread in the DIY room.
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby ClavAnother » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:51 pm

lol, link much?
ClavAnother

Postby ElectricPuppy » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:21 pm

:lol: Wow, we're peggin' the lazy meter around here, ain't we? LAZY LINK
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby topcat » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:39 pm

:snax: :drink:
topcat

Postby Plink Floyd » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:15 am

topcat wrote::snax: :drink:
So, Santy only brought you snax & drinx? :cry:
Plink Floyd

Postby Purity_Control » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:53 pm

Ha! I was at college today and i remembered I bought myself a lava lamp for christmas that i;d forgotten about :facepalm:

It might have to come out later :D
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby Plink Floyd » Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:55 pm

So far, nothing tops my MOTU. :love:
Plink Floyd

Postby BonsoWonderDog » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:49 am

ElectricPuppy wrote:I got a Stylophone, lol.
I also got a box that says "Moog" on it. :eek: But I ain't saying what it is yet. :p
Santa also brought me a cool little RC helicopter, which was fun until I rammed it into the coffee table and busted some little plastic thingie, and now it wobbles like mad. :mad:

And the customary articles of clothing, of course.

Hah.......my nephew got one of those, and whilst they're super cool, the battery lasts 5 mins and yup it was destroyed before the end of the day.
DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
BonsoWonderDog

Postby Purity_Control » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:29 pm

Haven't opened my presents yet, it's all been a bust since the 21st :facepalm:

if I feel upto it tomorrow, will designate a day later in the week as christmas day and then cook the dinner I was going to cook for self and neighbour and do the pressie thing. Not going to worry about it right now.
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby Plink Floyd » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:39 am

:mad: Sucks to be sick through Christmas! So

I hereby decree a new Festivus for the Conjestivus: Purity shall this year designate a day and time as Her Own Personal Christmas, wherein all known Awkwierd Elkish Oddfellows are enjoined to confabulate severally and concurrently upon the internets at You Know Where and heartily hoist Flagons, Chalices, and Rashers of Ginger Beer whilst committing Raucous Ribaldry and Lewdicrous Lulzery as befitting the Person of Honor, until she laughs up some green junk, at which time I'm leaving.

Oyez.
Plink Floyd

Postby ClavAnother » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:56 am

ClavAnother

Postby MetroSonus » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:48 pm

I"d been shopping for myself most of my time off.. I bought a neat tea mug at an asian grocery store, a tea pot at Target, 3 PS3 games and I had a bit of a haul at the thrift store yesterday.

I"ve been on a bit of a redecorating kick lately..

MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby Purity_Control » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:24 pm

I was thinking of you the other day when I saw a 1960s telephone in a second hand shop, they wanted £30 for it which usually i'd say was a bit shit, but it was proper before my time and condition not too bad either lol I cannot take 'antiques' seriously if I can remember growing up around them, this was just that little bit earlier.
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby MetroSonus » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:43 pm

:lol: thanks!

I dont see anything I've bought as an antique either. more like cast offs. Everything I bought was 2$ and under.

That's my sense of aesthetics though.. I like how in the late 70's to mid 90's everything was as advanced as it was going to get while still being mechanical or simple electronics. To me there's a certain form meets function that I find pleasing that's divorced from the CAD send it to a CNC router design we do now..
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

PreviousNext

Return to The Hang Out.