happy haunchauhallokwanzachstima thanks giving

Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Re: happy haunchauhallokwanzachstima thanks giving

Postby Plink Floyd » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:02 am

Every Halloween, the Great Pupkin rises out of the most sincere pawpaw patch and spreads Joy and Diet Pepsi over all the outraged babies of the world.

And every year mon petite plantains are passed over. Why do my tiny bananas always disappoint?

Good grief.
Plink Floyd

Postby selfinflikted » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:24 pm

Those of you who put up with me being here know that I normally only post from work. I am about to be on a week-long hiatus (thank you SWEET BABY CHEESES) from work, which could possibly mean I won't be around until I return back to work. If that happens to be the case and I don't see all you lovely mentlegens and lady before Thanksgiving, I would like to wish you all a happy holiday! I hope you all have wonderful eats and get to spend lots of time with your families and frens. And if you are travelling, be safe!
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby ElectricPuppy » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:17 pm

Have a happy, SI! :wave:
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby Plink Floyd » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:14 am

:wave:

Hava a happy hunchaulkokeydonkeychizm thing! I haz had company all week which has put me behind on some honeydue/outdoor crapwerk I must finish this weekend. I do not get all next week off :acrimonybaby.pic: But four days off will still be nice, except it won't really be four days. When you've a great big Mayberry type extended family teh holidays are beset with endless visitry and insanely excessive caloric consummery.

Lest I forget: Happy Joy to all of us!
Plink Floyd

Postby Purity_Control » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:35 pm

Ha! I had forgotten about Thanksgiving... he he he another excuse to make pumpkin and walnut muffins.

We have a new lady starting at work on Tuesday, and we found out it's also her birthday that day so I'm going to make a cake for her... lol can do vegan but I really hope she doesn't have a gluten allergy or anything.

Usually I do muffins or something like that if I bake for work as they can go in a lunchbox in my backpack (cannot cycle with a cake in your backpack and still have a cake when you get there!) and it's a small team where not everyone is on an office day at once, but everyone is in on Tuesday and as it's a burbleday lol well I can walk in with a cake.
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby Plink Floyd » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:16 pm

It's hard for most Yanks to imagine a society where so many people don't drive cars. And I'm not putting it down; there are obvious advantages. What's the percentage of Brits without wheels, do you guess?
Plink Floyd

Postby Purity_Control » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:39 pm

It wouldn't surprise me if it's about the same as in the US... motoring is a lot more expensive here though and with the ongoing economic whatever it is, increasing numbers of people are cycling.
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby Purity_Control » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:40 pm

Also, the last time I showed helmet cam footage to a dude I know in Florida... he asked me if all of our cars were that tiny! lol I had never thought about that although I guess we have narrower roads and this is quite a densely populated country.
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby Plink Floyd » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:53 pm

Purity_Control wrote:It wouldn't surprise me if it's about the same as in the US...
It would surprise me. All the Brit ex-pats I know here say more yanks than brits drive. Unless you live in one of the biggest Merkin cities, mass transit is pretty sucky. Elsewhere, everything's just too spread out.

The ex-pats also marvel @ the percentage of ordinary chaps who're homeowners.

They also laugh @ the fact that so many yanx have never visited another country.

And they talk funny. But we like it.
Plink Floyd

Postby soundwave106 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:48 pm

Purity_Control wrote:Also, the last time I showed helmet cam footage to a dude I know in Florida... he asked me if all of our cars were that tiny! lol I had never thought about that although I guess we have narrower roads and this is quite a densely populated country.

To give one example in my last UK visit, I would definitely not want to drive through the center of Bath England with one of the giant American SUVs you so commonly see over here.

By my best guess via the Interwebs, the % of people without a car in the UK is indeed higher than the US (about 25% vs. about 10%). However, a trend among these young urban hipsters is to move to cities with enough rail, bike friendly paths, etc. that you don't need a car. The US % without a car was around 6% two years ago. The opposite trend was happening in the UK in 2008, car ownership was growing... but who knows what the financial crisis has done to this. (US source; UK Source)

Cycling to many things would be awesome, to be honest, much cheaper. But cycling is flat out dangerous the way many US cities are designed.
BC | SC
soundwave106

Postby BonsoWonderDog » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:43 am

I seriously thinking about getting an e-bike.
DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
BonsoWonderDog

Postby BonsoWonderDog » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:43 am

+am
BonsoWonderDog

Postby Plink Floyd » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:48 am

BonsoWonderDog wrote:I seriously thinking about getting an e-bike.
At first I was like: Wut, u mean some app where you travel about the virtual landscape by thumb pedaling?
But then I was: Oh I think u mean an actual bike powered partially by E.

That actually sounds pretty cool. How fast will it go?
Plink Floyd

Postby BonsoWonderDog » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:21 am

I'm not looking for speed, just something to help me up the hills so I don't arrive at work a sweaty mess.

The one I'm looking at has a top speed of 25kmh, but that doesn't really make sense as you could do MUCH faster than that going downhill.
BonsoWonderDog

Postby Purity_Control » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:50 am

lol I was thinking what he was thinking about the e-bike. :facepalm:
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby christianrock » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:59 pm

I am working this week until Wednesday. Which means I'll be poasting :)

SI, if you're reading, happy T-Giving vacation for you!
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby MetroSonus » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:32 pm

Whoo hoo!

The biggest part of owning car to me, is being in debt to it. I don't mind driving. If I didn't have kids, I'd opt for more and better public transportation though.
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby BonsoWonderDog » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:27 pm

I have two cars, and a car park at work so in that sense it's hard to motivate myself to ride in.

I have never taken a loan for a car - always pay cash. I can't stand the thought of paying interest on such a rapidly depreciating asset.

That said.....I have pretty crappy cars :-)
BonsoWonderDog

Postby selfinflikted » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:52 am

christianrock wrote:I am working this week until Wednesday. Which means I'll be poasting :)

SI, if you're reading, happy T-Giving vacation for you!

I am reading and I under estimated my presence here during my mini vacay and jumped the gun on the holiday wishes :grin:
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby Plink Floyd » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:25 am

I borrowed for a car once. I do not liek teh paymunt buks. All the other twenty or thirty autos I've had were obtained with cashola.

And, I guess I have an i-bike.

Cause, y'know, i pedal it.
Plink Floyd

PreviousNext

Return to The Hang Out.