Suite and Tie Guy

Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Suite and Tie Guy

Postby BonsoWonderDog » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:59 pm

Duuuuuuuuuuude what does my tattoo say ?
DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
BonsoWonderDog

Re: Suite and Tie Guy

Postby MetroSonus » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:27 pm

he's not good at replying :lol:

although he's welcome here any time.
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby ClavAnother » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:28 pm

he replies in his mind. apparently it's the though that counts.
ClavAnother

Postby Plink Floyd » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:32 pm

I heard him. Didn't you?

Please, please tell me you heard him?
Plink Floyd

Postby Suit & Tie Guy » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:53 pm

lalalalalkal

hey guys. what do you need?
Suit & Tie Guy

Postby BonsoWonderDog » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:11 am

Dammit I spelt the title incorrectly...........Metro can you fix?
BonsoWonderDog

Postby Plink Floyd » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:30 am

:confuse: I thought it was supposed to be a bit of inspired waggery??
Plink Floyd

Postby BonsoWonderDog » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:12 am

Uninspired stupidity, alas.
BonsoWonderDog

Postby Plink Floyd » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:18 am

Nevertheless, I recommend that we keep it as it is unless he vociferates, in which case we can look up what that word means.
Plink Floyd

Postby BonsoWonderDog » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:29 pm

Agreed. A pact, it is.
BonsoWonderDog

Postby ClavAnother » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:36 am

I visited the STG Sound Labs™ last night. The first thing I saw as I was taking a piss was that purple sewer pipe that everyone signed last spring at the KSS gathering. It was good to see ElectricPuppy™ and Akliner™ on there.

We ate dinner at Tequilas™ and then returned to the studio for drinks and pleasant conversation.

Mr. The Suit™, Anderton Crook™, and I each smoked a fill of our favourite pipes and listened to some old fashoined LP's that Mr. Crook™ has a habit of bringing around with him.

Also in attendance were Scenic Square™, Goldie McHawn™, and Mr. Sloan™ (I think).

Scenic Square™ played some nice ballads on the JD9000 or whatever-the-hell that thing was, but other than that we didn't fire up a single module or anything.

Some of us watched a movie in which Nick Cage mutters: "I thought I was snorting coke, but it turns out it was heroin" or something like that.

Thank you for your hospitality Mr. The Suit™.

:wave: ClavAnother™

P.S. to Plinky: your christmas story is amazing, and I would like to add it to the Read Jazz™ catalogue post haste.
ClavAnother

Postby Plink Floyd » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:31 am

ClavAnother wrote:...high society review...
That sounds just dandy! Someday I hope to make a pilgrimige to far mystic Chillicothe.

ClavAnother wrote:...undeseved praise...
Thank you very much for your kind words! You deserve much of the credit (or blame) since it's your festive avatar which inspired me. As to Read Jazz™, you flatter me, and of course I'd be honored to be included in that august collection. I therefore assign and attribute all rights and assigns of the work to ClavAnother Publishing™ forthwith and wherewithal, up to and including if and when I ever finish it.

:wave:
Plink Floyd

Postby Plink Floyd » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:54 am

Suit & Tie Guy wrote:lalalalalkal

hey guys. what do you need?
:wave: Well, since you asked, I could use a lower rotor to finish my 710 conversion. I wonder, would it be bad form to propose bartering for one over at Hamtech? I have all the parts from two M3s, a complete 225, and the stuff I don't want out of the 710 (Rotosonic drum, Mercotac, 6 X 9s. Heck, I'd trade an entire M3 for one.

Nother question: is the RottoSonic pulley the same diameter as a regular rotor pulley?
Plink Floyd

Postby ClavAnother » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:39 am

Plink Floyd wrote: is the RottoSonic pulley the same diameter as a regular rotor pulley?

Negative; fear not though, for I have the pulley, the shaft, and both bearings here waiting for you. I will pay you all of these items in return for not having to come over and take one of your spinets.
ClavAnother

Postby Plink Floyd » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:10 pm

ClavAnother wrote:...I have the pulley, the shaft, and both bearings here waiting for you. I will pay you all of these items in return for not having to come over and take one of your spinets.
:lol: I don't blame you for dissing the spinets, but the M3 does have lots of useful parts within. I'm not saying I'd cannibalize a good one, but someone gave me one that really needs to be euthanized. (It has an interesting add-on in the lower right cheek block: a pushbutton preset box with ten presets for each manual. I've seen the twisty knob one, but never this.)

Please help me end the suffering.
Plink Floyd

Postby ClavAnother » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:08 pm

Plink Floyd wrote:dissing the spinets.

Look, I once started a serious thread called "M3's are cool", It was even inspired by a cute blonde one. It was hooked up to a 147. The percussion is WAY more pronounced in those little bastards. Unfortunately presets is sorta dumb on them cause without proper adult sized drawbars you can only get two sounds out of 'em anyway.

Doesn't matter though, because I have already cannibalized so many of those things that I have boxes of useful parts that I will never need or use in my basement.

You should take those keys off and put em in a box (leave the key channels attached) in case you stab or otherwise break any of your A105 keys. You can also keep the scanner and the perc tabs, but put that preset panel on ebay and burn the carcass in your yard. You might be able to effectively 'trade' that panel for your drum rotor.
ClavAnother

Postby Plink Floyd » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:19 am

M3s are cool! I even like their butt-ugly looks. My good one gots fluted laigs & matching bench.

I believe there's a very noticable difference in how they play, though. It's takes a lot less force to depress the keys on my Ms than my console. All the years I played Ms & Ls I hardly used perc because I couldn't be bothered to master that separated staccato style it needs. But when I finally got my Grownup Hammond, in no time at all I was knocking out "Green Eyed Lady". (Well, parts of it...) Stiffer action = better chops, I guess.

ClavAnother wrote:Unfortunately presets is sorta dumb on them cause without proper adult sized drawbars you can only get two sounds out of 'em anyway.
I didn't know there was any difference in the individual drawbs. Yeah, there's only eight for the LM and one for the pedals, and both my M3s are ratchet...

I'll put that preset thing on ebay. But I doubt if anyone would want it for anything more than a curiosity, since few are gigging with Hammond spinets anymore.

:wave: Hai, S & T of G! Thanks for the use of this thread.
Plink Floyd

Postby BonsoWonderDog » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:00 am

Is S&TG's absence in this thread a sign of:

a) arrogance
b) humility
c) he has a life
BonsoWonderDog

Postby Plink Floyd » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:16 am

It's