hai guyz!

Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Re: hai guyz!

Postby soundwave106 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:21 pm

MetroSonus wrote:And I really, really wanna know where you come up with these mad google fu skills for real

Right click image -> "Search Google for image" in Chrome. :)

That being said, the biggest problem with any Google search for any memes is the insane amount of inane (often seemingly bot-generated) crap that doesn't tell you anything. So a lot of it is just filtering out the junk links and doing various other Google searches to narrow things down. It's like solving a puzzle of filtering out the noise and junk of the web. Probably the biggest clue was that a large percentage of hashtags and descriptors were Portuguese and pointed to Brazil specifically (eg #brasilselvagem, which I think is "wild Brazil"; #jacaré is Portuguese for "alligator").

It also helped to Google terms that kind of fit this video (brazil alligator canoe) just to see if anything came up, and find out that a small Portuguese Internet marketing company called Buzzvideos also posted this video (with stupid dramatic library music overlaid on top of it :lol:). The full English description there is where I got that this possibly might be Pantanal Matogrossense. (Since approx. 99% of the Internet is bullshit, particularly viral crap, that may not be true, but at least it gave me the name of a swamp area in Brazil I didn't know before. :) )

Some of the video clips also have sound and the guy on the boat is clearly saying "jacaré", so that also narrows things down. It certainly wasn't being posted from the middle of Lisbon!
soundwave106

Postby Purity_Control » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:02 pm

MetroSonus wrote:
Plink Floyd wrote:Oh I get it. The sticker says BASS AMPLIFIRE lol. Good catch PC!

Maybe that was the funny? :idk: :lol: I just assumed it was one of those fancy British spellings like Colour TV and tyre :eyes: :lol:

That was teh funny! :grin: I thought it was a running joke but I guess everyone else had forgotten it.

Sargent is fine, I had to shoo her off the amp as she didn't care that her arse and tail fur were getting burnt.

She is safer on the cushion.

"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby gregwar » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:50 pm

oh hai :wave:

pc glad to hear sargent is ok

sw have you checked out martin phipps? his work on season 4 of the crown is cinematic or soundtrack style music and is really well done. i didn’t realize he did a bunch of other great themes like victoria, black mirror, etc

synth wise, the 104 hp behringer case, +3 rack bracket thing looks really appealing. i’ve wanted to get suit & tie guy’s new oscs and maybe a filter from him. plus if i buy 1-2 behringer modules per month (or whole synth voices) i could have a decent size modular in a couple years and financial ruin :facepalm: lol

:drink: :jam: :idk:
gregwar

Postby ClavAnother » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:56 am

ClavAnother

Postby MetroSonus » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:32 pm

Purity_Control wrote:
MetroSonus wrote:
Plink Floyd wrote:Oh I get it. The sticker says BASS AMPLIFIRE lol. Good catch PC!

Maybe that was the funny? :idk: :lol: I just assumed it was one of those fancy British spellings like Colour TV and tyre :eyes: :lol:

That was teh funny! :grin: I thought it was a running joke but I guess everyone else had forgotten it.

It looked familiar.. lol. But I gotta say, I did forget.. :lol:
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby christianrock » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:26 pm

soundwave106 wrote:
MetroSonus wrote:And I really, really wanna know where you come up with these mad google fu skills for real

Right click image -> "Search Google for image" in Chrome. :)

That being said, the biggest problem with any Google search for any memes is the insane amount of inane (often seemingly bot-generated) crap that doesn't tell you anything. So a lot of it is just filtering out the junk links and doing various other Google searches to narrow things down. It's like solving a puzzle of filtering out the noise and junk of the web. Probably the biggest clue was that a large percentage of hashtags and descriptors were Portuguese and pointed to Brazil specifically (eg #brasilselvagem, which I think is "wild Brazil"; #jacaré is Portuguese for "alligator").

It also helped to Google terms that kind of fit this video (brazil alligator canoe) just to see if anything came up, and find out that a small Portuguese Internet marketing company called Buzzvideos also posted this video (with stupid dramatic library music overlaid on top of it :lol:). The full English description there is where I got that this possibly might be Pantanal Matogrossense. (Since approx. 99% of the Internet is bullshit, particularly viral crap, that may not be true, but at least it gave me the name of a swamp area in Brazil I didn't know before. :) )

Some of the video clips also have sound and the guy on the boat is clearly saying "jacaré", so that also narrows things down. It certainly wasn't being posted from the middle of Lisbon!

Still, pretty impressive....
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby ClavAnother » Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:15 am

Not sure if you guys know Alex, he makes some pretty incredible videos. This one is pretty far out

ClavAnother

Previous

Return to The Hang Out.