Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Re: hai guyz!

Postby MetroSonus » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:57 pm

MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby selfinflikted » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:40 pm

MetroSonus wrote:It's like they say, youth is wasted on the young :lol: OMG I'm one of THEM you're gonna put your eye out kid..

AND STAY OFF MY GRASS
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby Purity_Control » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:55 pm

MetroSonus wrote:I don't know if I've mentioned my disdain for motorcycles here. I have nothing against the older people rockin the hogs. They try and stay safe. But many of my facebook friends are younger types that I play airsoft with and they show motorcycle videos all the time of people doing similar things. It's mostly kids being stupid, lane splitting, reving the bike by peoples windows etc. and they can't seem to figure out why people are upset with them :eyes:

It's like they say, youth is wasted on the young :lol: OMG I'm one of THEM you're gonna put your eye out kid..

Not my vid but this is just around the corner from me, those are my local shops in the background, from Halloween before last.

Ended up with 13 people going to jail for the stupidity, including the guy who organised it on Facebook.

Mostly it's students on pushbikes I have to watch out for, they're buggers for 'ninja' cycling ie out after dark with no lights or hi-vis.
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby ElectricPuppy » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:38 pm

selfinflikted wrote:
MetroSonus wrote:It's like they say, youth is wasted on the young :lol: OMG I'm one of THEM you're gonna put your eye out kid..

AND STAY OFF MY GRASS

AND LAY OFF MY JAZZ CABBAGE
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby soundwave106 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:39 pm

MetroSonus wrote:I don't know if I've mentioned my disdain for motorcycles here.

A long time ago, I remember in some old forum pissing some so-called "squids" off by mentioning that their habit of riding the Howard Frankland bridge late at night at ludicrous speed will some day end in one of those bikes flipping into Tampa Bay. This, of course, eventually did happen. :facepalm:

I have no problem with the need for speed; there's three tracks in the state which regularly hold motorcycle track days, and it's easy to Google the orgs involved. That's the way to go; if something goes wrong, you're less likely to hurt yourself and others. (Really, the main problem with the idiotic bike behavior is that they sometimes endanger others as well, plus, for those that ride, the douche behavior of others jacks up the insurance rates for motorcyclists by a lot).
BC | SC
soundwave106

Postby ElectricPuppy » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:26 pm

How do I upvote SW's post? 100% CORRECTNESS

Stupid squids. :mad:
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby ClavAnother » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:19 am

ClavAnother

Postby MetroSonus » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:22 pm

soundwave106 wrote:
MetroSonus wrote:I don't know if I've mentioned my disdain for motorcycles here.

A long time ago, I remember in some old forum pissing some so-called "squids" off by mentioning that their habit of riding the Howard Frankland bridge late at night at ludicrous speed will some day end in one of those bikes flipping into Tampa Bay. This, of course, eventually did happen. :facepalm:

I have no problem with the need for speed; there's three tracks in the state which regularly hold motorcycle track days, and it's easy to Google the orgs involved. That's the way to go; if something goes wrong, you're less likely to hurt yourself and others. (Really, the main problem with the idiotic bike behavior is that they sometimes endanger others as well, plus, for those that ride, the douche behavior of others jacks up the insurance rates for motorcyclists by a lot).

I think it's the lack of social responsibility that gets me too. Between then and the jacked up pick up drivers and how bad traffic is getting at least around here, nucking futz. :lol:

Anyway, I haz good nooz. :wave: New laptop is inbound and will be setup Thursday night. We will have musics soon again!
MetroSonus

Postby MetroSonus » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:06 pm

has anyone used synth master or SM1?

I ran into it via reading about Europa.. I like the sound from what I hear so far. It sounds like a warmer serum.
MetroSonus

Postby christianrock » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:49 pm

MetroSonus wrote:Anyway, I haz good nooz. :wave: New laptop is inbound and will be setup Thursday night. We will have musics soon again!

YAY!!!!!!

christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby Purity_Control » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:38 pm

"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby ClavAnother » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:46 pm

ClavAnother

Postby MetroSonus » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:01 pm

Story of my life :lol:
MetroSonus

Postby MetroSonus » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:39 pm

MetroSonus

Postby gregwar » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:57 pm

the studio has had no ac since it’s swagception and there are no windoze in that room.

the spare bdrm haz a windoze and an ac was installed yesterday so i has moved gear rack, laptop and sl 37 to the ac area for chill beats

bestest latest gadget: new ac unit :wave:

also, in further gears news i got a $50 UAD credit and purchased the expansion for the AMS 16 reverb that cost $49. I thank you :thu:
gregwar

Postby MetroSonus » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:16 pm

Nice! :wave:

I just got my new laptop and I'm trying to track down all of my plugins and get them installed :lol:

I need to keep track of the keys and or names. It's been so long, I'm like what was that one VST :confuse: :lol:

I've also got to get a second HDD installed and I can put all my samples back on.
MetroSonus

Postby ElectricPuppy » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:04 pm

I switched PCs a few years back and never did get Stylus RMX reinstalled, which I really want to do. But it needs a new serial number based on the new PC, and my registered email with Spectrasonics is long dead, and I'm never home to call them during business hours with the stuff in front of me, and it makes me sad, but they tell me it's only a flesh wound and maybe I could just be happy with a shrubbery, however my father smells of elderberries and they might have to taunt me a second time.

Anyway.
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby MetroSonus » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:43 pm

That's why I've always kept one or two gmails just for that purpose. A sort of spam, registration email I'm not afraid will go away any time soon. Course, you were probably using the same, now defunct email, from your dial up days on your local host. :lol: God we''re old.

By the by, I was going to post the two most emotionally joyous and painful moments of my life, two sides of the same coin really.. aside from the birth of my son that is.. :lol:

Anyway, years ago, I'd get carded for beer.. Still looking young enough to make them check aww yeah.

The a few months ago, the cashier hit the yes button on the register for "does customer look over 40?"
:cry: :cry: :lol: :lol:

I think she didn't want to card me but still .. lol. I look pretty young.
MetroSonus

Postby soundwave106 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:42 pm

I continued to get carded until roughly my late 30s. :wave:
Not any longer, though. Yay aging. :cry:

Just looking at some of the synths I have confirms oldness. My D-50 was bought (used) around 25 years ago. The Andromeda meanwhile with its "crappy build quality" (according to Most Trustworthy Internet) is about 17 years old or so.

A problem with software, it's a lot more perishable. It's a lot less certain to me that all of the plugins I got will last that long. (Although PC tech seems to be "slowing down" in innovation speed these days, and some of my plugins like Kontakt 5 and Alchemy are hitting the 6 year old mark...)
BC | SC
soundwave106

Postby gregwar » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:14 am

congrats metro!

:jam:
gregwar

PreviousNext

Return to The Hang Out.