hai guyz!

Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Re: hai guyz!

Postby Purity_Control » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:07 pm

Now I could use a nice cool dark sealed room, even in my front room I can hear people outside cheering and shit. :facepalm:
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby MetroSonus » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:51 pm

MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby christianrock » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:00 pm

MetroSonus wrote:Image

I actually saw that in my news feed today :lol:

Florida, man.
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby topcat » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:16 pm

That's funny, so Florida, but I think I'd almost rather have someone doing that then these idiots I've been behind who are looking down, drifting in and out of their lane because they are TEXTING!!!!!! :mad:
topcat

Postby ElectricPuppy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:14 pm

So, I tried to pound the Space Vag last night... it wasn't satisfying. I've spoiled myself with my piano, I think. Maybe I need to go straight to the synthy-synths instead.

Oh: All the knobs on my XTk are disintegrating. I went to dust it, and 3 knobs broke and fell off as I touched them. I AM SAD ABOUT THIS.
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby MetroSonus » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:25 pm

lol wut..

You mean you need more practice on the synth action keys instead?

I've always wanted to do that, get a nice piano weight controller or something and just midi it all. I think the only controller keys I've liked lately were on the maudio code 61. It seems like lately they've gone down in quality over all. Although your performance boards and romplers tend to be higher quality than the controllers.
MetroSonus

Postby ClavAnother » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:00 pm

ElectricPuppy wrote:So, I tried to pound the Space Vag last night...

YES!

it wasn't satisfying.

NO!

Oh: All the knobs on my XTk are disintegrating. I went to dust it, and 3 knobs broke and fell off as I touched them. I AM SAD ABOUT THIS.

You realize that I don't enjoy the whole 'I told ya so' thing, but neglecting your synths has never been helpful..

Now then. We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost. Time to rebuild. Go fix your stuff and get back in there!
ClavAnother

Postby selfinflikted » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:02 pm

ElectricPuppy wrote:Oh: All the knobs on my XTk are disintegrating. I went to dust it, and 3 knobs broke and fell off as I touched them. I AM SAD ABOUT THIS.

My sympathies for your knobs.
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby ClavAnother » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:03 pm

MetroSonus wrote:lol wut..

I've always wanted to do that, get a nice piano weight controller or something and just midi it all. I think the only controller keys I've liked lately were on the maudio code 61. It seems like lately they've gone down in quality over all. Although your performance boards and romplers tend to be higher quality than the controllers.

Teh space bag has shite semi weights
ClavAnother

Postby ElectricPuppy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:19 pm

ClavAnother wrote:

Teh space bag has shite semi weights

Yeah, it's true. But, it has pretty good keys for a weighted controller, I think. it's definitely an improvement over Ye Olde KX88, and I think it felt better than a Roland V-Piano that I tried around the same time, but... it's no competition for the Real Thing (TM).
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby ElectricPuppy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:21 pm

selfinflikted wrote:
ElectricPuppy wrote:Oh: All the knobs on my XTk are disintegrating. I went to dust it, and 3 knobs broke and fell off as I touched them. I AM SAD ABOUT THIS.

My sympathies for your knobs.

My knobs appreciate your sympathies. You can see that they're putting on a brave face and trying to keep it together, but it's obvious that they're falling apart. So tragic. :cry:
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby MetroSonus » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:00 pm

Supposed to be a fake tweeter. Audio related.. kinda ha ha funny
MetroSonus

Postby Purity_Control » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:45 pm

I did that way back and it has enough cons that I have the piano in the front room now and the synths in the studio.

It's much easier to knacker your hands on a nice hammer action if you're not careful so the synths are a nice alternative where you can still play and give the hands a rest of sorts.

No aftertouch on piano and the velocity curve doesn't seem to suit synths that well, just not the same even when you mess around with the settings a bit.

It's also handy to have the piano in a seperate place for when you can't face a session in the studio but just fancy a little session sitting down and playing.

I think it also affected my confidence playing with multple boards as I used to just end up using the 7 octaves to put in 3 splits and play that way.
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby Purity_Control » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:45 pm

MetroSonus wrote:Image

Supposed to be a fake tweeter. Audio related.. kinda ha ha funny

Basterds! :freak: :facepalm:
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby MetroSonus » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:47 pm

MetroSonus

Postby MetroSonus » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:12 pm

MetroSonus

Postby MetroSonus » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:32 pm

MetroSonus

Postby MetroSonus » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:47 pm

MetroSonus

Postby MetroSonus » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:36 pm

MetroSonus

Postby soundwave106 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:24 pm

Purity_Control wrote:Basterds! :freak: :facepalm:

:lol:... basically it's the equivalent of the huge wall of fake Marshall stacks in rock and roll, eh?
As in, you haven't *needed* lots of amps to be loud in most venues since, well, probably before I was born, since the PA takes care of that for you.
But the Marshall stack "looks louder".
(I'm guessing that this meme is dying, though, as "music from a band" declines and more music moves electronic, where even in an actual band scenario, your "live performance" is mostly backing tracks.)

Even in this day of cheaper electronics, I have doubts a $50 speaker would include a crossover and two cones.
From what I read, fake tweeters are actually decently common in the low end speaker world. Ah, marketing. :lol:
BC | SC
soundwave106

PreviousNext

Return to The Hang Out.