hai guyz!

Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Re: hai guyz!

Postby MetroSonus » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:59 pm

ClavAnother wrote:You sent me a video

Oooooooooohhhhhhhhh Have we got a video!?!?!?!
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby selfinflikted » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:23 pm

It's like a 10 second (if even that) clip of a cover song I'm doing with the System 8. It's not even worth posting.
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby MetroSonus » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:58 pm

selfinflikted wrote:I like his 90's stuff best. As an artist, respect. As a person, he's very VERY publicly whiny, and I hate that (even on his GS account). I tend to like the "VAC sound" but not so much his recent stuff.

I wish I could find more artists in that vein that I could latch onto. But all the ones who produce angry, pissed off dance music have those GOD AWFUL vocals that ruin the WHOLE ENTIRE THING. You know the ones - sounds like heavily distorted whispering/screaming/shrill/I-can't-stand-to-listen-to-this-because-it-makes-my-ears-bleed-and-siphons-my-soul-directly-out-of-my-body. Gah. SO MUCH good electronica is ruined by terrible vocals.

Also, another gripe: so much good electronica is ALSO ruined by that terrible, monotone male singing voice like early 80's British stuff. No real melody - just monotone singing that makes me want to slash my wrists (think the vocals in something like Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart). UGH! GAH! SMASH ALL THE THINGS.

That's where the scene went my friend... :idk: I was trying to make fun of that with my space battle ships song I made up on my son's keyboard a long time ago. :lol:

That's why I liked and still do, FLA so much.. they ALL went agrro arpeggiator crapno.. nobody is exempt here. But he was higher pitched, some light fluff about robots and the end of the world in a couple refrains, the rest was music.. not

<cookie monster>
IIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
yoooooooooooooooooooour
doooooooooooooooooom

your blood flows like flowers

bloooooooooooooooooooooom
</cookie monster>

There's diversity.. man we had it great.. so many bands, so many different sounds. But that's what I was talking about.. I quit it all when I realized I was being held to that "hey man you're trying to sound like KMFDM" and "Hey man, KMFDM has this cool sound right now.. why don'y you do that instead?" line.

:samsh: F you hosers.
MetroSonus

Postby selfinflikted » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:02 pm

OMG <3 FLA. They haven't put out anything since "Echogenetic" though, I don't think, and that was a while back. I do like their overall sound, but you can tell they pander a bit for the $$ because each album they release *kinda* sounds like what's "big" in the scene at the time. That's no dis, though. Bill Leebs is right up there with the likes of OhGr/Cevin Key and Trent Reznor, imo. They're synth work is nearly always awesome. I could do without some of the electric guitar, though.
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby selfinflikted » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:04 pm

MetroSonus wrote: :samsh: F you hosers.

I also still am game for some dance music teamwork of our OWN liking (F*** the scene and what they want) whenever you are ready. :jam:
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby ElectricPuppy » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:22 pm

Quoted for current resonation and contemporary relevance.
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby Purity_Control » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:26 pm

Make Britain grate again? :freak:
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby Purity_Control » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:27 pm

"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby MetroSonus » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:10 pm

ElectricPuppy wrote:

never goes out of style.. like a good suit :smoke:
MetroSonus

Postby MetroSonus » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:17 pm

selfinflikted wrote:OMG <3 FLA. They haven't put out anything since "Echogenetic" though, I don't think, and that was a while back. I do like their overall sound, but you can tell they pander a bit for the $$ because each album they release *kinda* sounds like what's "big" in the scene at the time. That's no dis, though. Bill Leebs is right up there with the likes of OhGr/Cevin Key and Trent Reznor, imo. They're synth work is nearly always awesome. I could do without some of the electric guitar, though.

WHO amongst thee have not pandered..?!?!

It's stupid that people sit here and are like why you no sisters or front 242?

but

they're all like, all the other bands sold out..

it's that line again :lol: :lol:

A lot of people didn't like millennium or flavor of the weak but for the time, that was some pretty out there stuff. Go back before that, hardwired, tactical neural implant and it's like someone put out a industrial dance fake book. It's still good mind you ... but yeah.

I dunno.. could.. put some time into something. What do you think our sound is or would be?
MetroSonus

Postby Plink Floyd » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:17 pm

MetroSonus wrote:
ElectricPuppy wrote:

never goes out of style.. like a good suit :smoke:

Quoted for resonant currency and contemporelevation.
Plink Floyd

Postby selfinflikted » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:21 pm

MetroSonus wrote:I dunno.. could.. put some time into something. What do you think our sound is or would be?

Whatever we want. Not trendy for trendy's sake. I like to bob my head and move my feet, so as long as it makes me do that I'm fine. I will have to put some thought into this when I have some time after Ben has recovered.

I forgot to mention Ben had some discs removed from his neck last weekend and is recovering well. Right now, I have just enough time in the day to work, get home, and wait on him hand and foot while still trying to keep the house a reasonable level of not messy. It's been a long week, and I have not synthed at all.
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby Plink Floyd » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:31 pm

selfinflikted wrote:
MetroSonus wrote:Ben had some discs removed from his neck last weekend and is recovering well. Right now, I have just enough time in the day to work, get home, and wait on him hand and foot while still trying to keep the house a reasonable level of not messy. It's been a long week, and I have not synthed at all.

Oh man. I send wellwishes to him and patience to you.
:wave:
Plink Floyd

Postby selfinflikted » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:46 pm

Plink Floyd wrote:
selfinflikted wrote:
MetroSonus wrote:Ben had some discs removed from his neck last weekend and is recovering well. Right now, I have just enough time in the day to work, get home, and wait on him hand and foot while still trying to keep the house a reasonable level of not messy. It's been a long week, and I have not synthed at all.

Oh man. I send wellwishes to him and patience to you.
:wave:

Thanks, Plinky!

His followup appointment is Monday, and I expect the surgeon to give him a gold star. He has Percocets and Somas which he has barely needed to take for lack of any real pain. He's done amazingly well.
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby ElectricPuppy » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:04 pm

Sorry to hear about Ben's surgery, SI, I hope he's feeling better soon!
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby selfinflikted » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:11 pm

ElectricPuppy wrote:Sorry to hear about Ben's surgery, SI, I hope he's feeling better soon!

He's feeling good now. Just confined to no real physical activity, and one of those foam neck collars. haha

Thanks EP :)

And, Happy Birthday!!
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby ClavAnother » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:13 pm

ClavAnother

Postby christianrock » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:06 pm

Plink Floyd wrote:

ElectricPuppy wrote:Quoted for current resonation and contemporary relevance.

MetroSonus wrote:never goes out of style.. like a good suit :smoke:

Quoted for resonant currency and contemporelevation.

Quoted for magnetic resonance and vituperous corollary irrelevance.

Also, here's to a speedy recovery for Ben.
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby Purity_Control » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:06 pm

I hope Ben recovers quickly as well, also tell him to take those serious painkillers, or failing that, send them to me. :lol:
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby Purity_Control » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:11 pm

Actual sign I saw earlier today, walked from Robin Hood's Bay to Whitby... I think someone has interfered with it at some point:

I don't know why I bother coming here during gothic weekend lol well apart from this stall they have that does amazing damsen gin, that said, they've started supplying the Abbey House gift shop which is joined on to where I'm staying, so maybe next time I'll avoid the goths entirely. The whole thing jumped the shark quite some time ago.

Still a nice couple of days by the sea, fresh air, some good weird shit shops and eating stupid seaside crap. :lol:
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

PreviousNext

Return to The Hang Out.