Page 6 of 6

Re: Roland System 8

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:52 pm
by ClavAnother
Plink Floyd wrote:
selfinflikted wrote:Is that a request? If so, I will surely give it a go. :)
While you're at it, might as well Jump.




Man, the kid will never be able copy that patch. Didn't even ask.

Re: Roland System 8

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:53 pm
by ClavAnother
Actually, I also wouldn't mind hearing that awesome overdriven oberheim from I'll Wait. Just do all of it. It'll be fun!

Then send me the Sysex file

Re: Roland System 8

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:58 pm
by selfinflikted
ClavAnother wrote:Man, the kid will never be able copy that patch. Didn't even ask.


SURELY this is said in jest. The "jump" patch is like when you first learn to play the guitar - Stairway.

C'mon.

Re: Roland System 8

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:38 pm
by ElectricPuppy
So you have two oscimators and you detune one, then what?

Re: Roland System 8

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:05 am
by soundwave106
Since this is a Roland emulation, shouldn't the theme of choice be Journey's "Separate Ways"?

(Reportedly, the New Orleans wharf they filmed the now-notorious video for this got destroyed by Katrina, and is now redeveloped as the northern edge of Crescent Park. So you get out of having to go down there and imitate it for us with the System 8. :tounge: )

Re: Roland System 8

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:53 am
by ClavAnother
selfinflikted wrote:
ClavAnother wrote:Man, the kid will never be able copy that patch. Didn't even ask.


SURELY this is said in jest. The "jump" patch is like when you first learn to play the guitar - Stairway.

C'mon.




Teh jest is the order of the day.



But I mean, what.. can you??

Re: Roland System 8

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:46 am
by selfinflikted
soundwave106 wrote:Since this is a Roland emulation, shouldn't the theme of choice be Journey's "Separate Ways"?


I will also toss in some Separate Ways :)

Re: Roland System 8

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:46 am
by selfinflikted
ClavAnother wrote:But I mean, what.. can you??


Make a "Jump" patch? Of course. I'll add that to the list also :)

Re: Roland System 8

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:47 am
by selfinflikted
ElectricPuppy wrote:So you have two oscimators and you detune one, then what?


If they are saw oscimators, they will become the aforementioned Jump patch.

Re: Roland System 8

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:33 am
by ClavAnother
Sometimes synthing is just a matter of powering up for five minutes. It's really no big deal..but it still applies positive energy to the soul. Also, it clearly doesn't even have to be all that good.