Thoughts on M-Audio Code ?

Keyboards, Synths, Samplers and Groove Boxes.

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Thoughts on M-Audio Code ?

Postby MetroSonus » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:45 pm

I'm considering a controller.. I think I could script this to work with live, if not there's got to be someone I can ask. I was thinking about getting the launch pad and launch pad Xl, but really, 99% of the time I just use the mouse and 1% of the time I "perform" by using the faders on my ambient tracks. Although it would be nice to have the drum pad, they keys have good reviews. The only thing i don't like is the knobs.. i think they're rotary. Not a big deal, I have an MPC lpd8 pad thingy I can throw up on top and i like the knobs on that. So no harm no foul.

A controller, plus pads would be the same as these.. 350-400$. :idk: I'm sure I'd need to see if anyone has one locally..
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Re: Thoughts on M-Audio Code ?

Postby ElectricPuppy » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:48 pm

wow. That's.... quite something. I'm not sure they made it boxey enough, though. LIke, it could be even MOAR boxey, you know?

Box.
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby MetroSonus » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:24 pm

I prefer it that way... :mad:

SIR I may have to ask you to leave because i say... I demand satisfaction.

i like it hey. I'm not a fan of rounded stuff. But I can see why you would be..

BAM
MetroSonus

Postby gregwar » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:02 am

no idea :idk:

it must be better than my old m-audio keystation pro lol
gregwar

Postby MetroSonus » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:45 pm

I decided against it. What I'd really like is one of those killer real wood key controller keyboards. le sigh.

For right now though, that'll have to wait. I don't need all of the on board stuff. I'd like to keep all of my controllers modular and separate, just cause. :idk: I also don't have a room now either. My desk is out in the garage and we'll see what happens in the coming days, weeks, months and years. I may just make do with the dining room table for now.

Suffice it to say, I had a shitty weekend. :cry: I reffed airsoft, my wife spent all day with the police and DCF and with the girl that's been staying with us on and off all day saturday. Me and my wife then spent all saturday night, literally, till like 12, with a DCF woman. Sunday we were too tired and monday we cleaned out the the room for her and ran around all day buying stuff that she needed.

But anyway, she's ours now, legally. The loss of a room is of little importance for the peace of mind I have now about her.
MetroSonus

Postby selfinflikted » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:04 pm

That picture, plus boxiness, touches me in the no-no place in JUST the right way.
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby selfinflikted » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:06 pm

MetroSonus wrote:Suffice it to say, I had a shitty weekend. :cry: I reffed airsoft, my wife spent all day with the police and DCF and with the girl that's been staying with us on and off all day saturday. Me and my wife then spent all saturday night, literally, till like 12, with a DCF woman. Sunday we were too tired and monday we cleaned out the the room for her and ran around all day buying stuff that she needed.

But anyway, she's ours now, legally. The loss of a room is of little importance for the peace of mind I have now about her.

What just happened? What is DCF?
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby MetroSonus » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:13 pm

department of children and families.

To keep a long story short, we've had a young girl from down the street stay with us every weekend for the last 5-6 years at least (her mom is a bum), up until last summer when she moved to alabama with her dad and step mom. They moved down here at the beginning of the summer, Friday night the step mom kicks the dad out, the step mom doesn't want her, her real mom doesn't want her.. We've been trying to get her to move in since like 10 years ago anyway.... there you go.

She has since taken over the red rum, err red room as hers. I never really did anything with it intentionally, as I figured this would happen one day or some other need would arise. But anyway, there you go..
MetroSonus

Postby selfinflikted » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:20 pm

Ah, well you and your family, I'm sure, have done a wonderful thing for this girl.

On the upside, you can now remodel the garage into your new studio. Start afresh. The possibilities are nearly limitless. DO IT.
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby gregwar » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:33 pm

right on metrar sounds like you're doing a solid for this gurl
gregwar

Postby ElectricPuppy » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:11 pm

Solid Metro is Solid. :thu: :thu: :thu:
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby Plink Floyd » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:00 am

Quite. Big thumbs to Metro & Mrstro.

:like: :like: :like:
Plink Floyd

Postby christianrock » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:00 pm

You go Chris.

I'm sure finding a studio space for a laptop and controller won't be a problem. Especially if the controller ends up being something with minikeys (it's for ambient anyway, why do you need a huge controller with wooden keys? :p)
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby MetroSonus » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:29 pm

Because it warms up my sounds!!!!!!!!!!

Sooner or later, i'd like a nice luxury item and to spend more time playing. Just kind of been on the bucket list. However I will say that I can make do without it, usually, but when possible, it's nice to be able to play several notes together in different octaves on the extremes. Just a time saver when I'm trying to build up sounds and subtle changes. I've done weird things like put the 3rd of the triad two octaves up. Granted it's still like an 8 measure whole note :lol: It makes experimentation with that kind of thing easier.

But thank you all seriously. :) She's a great kid. Gonna need a lot of work, but honestly, I couldn't live my life without kids. Between the airsoft, the computer club, my own.. Not to get on a soap box, but I think there's an adult leadership / mentor crisis going on as people rely on the xbox and face book as the baby sitter. The first thing we did was go to the YMCA and try to get her into a membership for youth activities and they've pretty much gutted all of the teen programs. Big change from when my wife worked there 10 years ago. :cry:

But hey, all i can do is try.. :)
MetroSonus

Postby christianrock » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:03 pm

MetroSonus wrote:Image

The ultimate ambience sequencer!!!!!1111!!!!ELEVENHUNDREDANDELEVEN!!!!!!!!

MetroSonus wrote:But thank you all seriously. :) She's a great kid. Gonna need a lot of work, but honestly, I couldn't live my life without kids. Between the airsoft, the computer club, my own.. Not to get on a soap box, but I think there's an adult leadership / mentor crisis going on as people rely on the xbox and face book as the baby sitter. The first thing we did was go to the YMCA and try to get her into a membership for youth activities and they've pretty much gutted all of the teen programs. Big change from when my wife worked there 10 years ago. :cry:

But hey, all i can do is try.. :)

YES to all of this. Good on you my friend :smoke:

Our house has been a "safe place" for neighboorhood kids to hang out with our kids, even though they are usually a bit older. Including 3 girls who spent a lot of afternoons playing with our boys or just hanging out with my wife (she has a part time working from home so she's usually at home). One was entering the teen years and had SERIOUS issues, she even spent months in an institution in Colorado last year because she refused to eat and wanted to die. But now, within a year they all moved out of the neighborhood. The ones who stayed are now older boys who don't want to be around my young boys anymore - one got heavily into drugs apparently, and his brother found some older kids and they play basketball all the time in his driveway. They seem like good kids and a good influence for him. So that season is gone now. But we already have some plans to stay active in mentoring kids who need mentoring. We'll try a couple different things, I think...
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Return to KSS