Reboot up teh Modular Arse

Keyboards, Synths, Samplers and Groove Boxes.

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Reboot up teh Modular Arse

Postby Purity_Control » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:04 pm

I'm very seriously considering rebooting my modular arse series in the near future.

After a couple of years of regular swimming, gym and yoga my arse is firmer than it's been in a long time.

Plus I now have a strap on, erm camera I meant, just got a handband strap for the cam I use on my cycling helmet, so I can go hands free and it's massively better quality than what I was using before.

Also, I'm Jonesing for some new modules, reasonably fluid again and other stuff seems to have settled down... only thing to get out of the way is that I'd promosed myself I'd get any faulty kit repaired before anything new comes in, so that means the Memotron (tape selector knob is dodgy) and the BBD delay module that the mod input doesn't work on.

I'm still keeping the old graphic :lol:

"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Re: Reboot up teh Modular Arse

Postby ElectricPuppy » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:47 pm

^ I approve of this entire post.
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby christianrock » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:52 pm

Yes, Purity Control is back. Lock your children, lock your wives and husbands, lock your arses.

Looking forward to see what your setup ends up like :thu:
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby Purity_Control » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:07 pm

Well this being the internet, at least it's not too hard to find an asslock :lol:

Gearwise the Memotron is here to stay, so is pretty much everything in the modular setup now... Jupiter went about 18 months back to pay for my last term at college.

I want the mod input on the BBD working 'cos I want to be able to do doppler shift effects, remember that being awesome back when I had a Nord MicroModular, somehow subtle pitch mod just doesn't cut it to emulate.

Definitely want at least one wavetable osc module too, and probably some more 'effects', voltage controlled effects are cool 'cos you can put them in series with the filters and it makes them extra boingy/nasty/something.

Also I might start working some sample material in just to make things a bit more interesting, particularly as I have quite a large archive of sample stuff that I haven't used.
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby donaldcrunk » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:51 am

you should get a Phonogene for your samples to go with Pheugene! i'll make you a deal..
donaldcrunk

Return to KSS