Free Eventide UltraChannel Strip

Keyboards, Synths, Samplers and Groove Boxes.

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Free Eventide UltraChannel Strip

Postby Plink Floyd » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:21 am

http://eventideplugins.elasticbeanstalk.com/ultrachannel.jsp

Looks gud, but it wants an iLok License Manager & an iLok account to run. I don't has one. How many cans of worms will that release into my puter?
Plink Floyd

Re: Free Eventide UltraChannel Strip

Postby gregwar » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:53 pm

wow that looks sick

as for dongles pain, I got one for like $40-50 at l&m here when I purchased sum slate stuff (it came with a dongle but I didn't want to wait).

I was having major issues as both my 'puters only have usb 3. I looked into getting a hub but through some sort of sorcery-ware was able to get it working on one computer. what caused the problems was going from one to the other computer

now that it's working I don't dare try to unplug the ilok and use it on both machines, instead I use separate iloks on each machine. the whole idea of the licenses being portable is not working here

there are so many great plug-ins and even daws that run on ilok. these days I suspect most people avoid teh dongles until they finally break down and get the one or 2 must haves, then limp along hoping it doesn't break everything

fwiw when I had an ilok 1 and usb 2 ports a few years ago I had no such issues, the main problem was with ewql play software not the ilok lol :facepalm:
gregwar

Postby gregwar » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:00 pm

if you're considering the dongle route here's an article on avoiding dongle disasters:
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jul08/a ... ongles.htm

if you're mobile I recommend a dongle buddy, it increases the length by 20cm but it's not as rigid. that way it doesn't break off !

some people prefer the shorter more rigid dongle as it's more stationary, ymmv

also most people use dongles to prevent viruses or computer transmitted infections. you don't know where those wares have been use protection !1

*edit: these are not dongle jokes, please don't report me !
gregwar

Postby selfinflikted » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:16 pm

gregwar wrote:also most people use dongles to transmit infections. you don't know where those have been use protection !1

Truefax.
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby ElectricPuppy » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:13 pm

:mad: :mad: REPORTED :mad: :mad:
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby Plink Floyd » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:53 pm

Apparently this dingus isn't dongle dependent:

UltraChannel does not require you to own or use an iLok dongle, but the iLok License Manager and an ilok.com account are required to use the plugin. An ilok.com account can be created either at ilok.com or within the iLok License Manager application. Please download and install this software if it is not already installed on your computer. This application allows users to authorize up to two computers or an iLok dongle to use UltraChannel.

But I still distrust. My studio puter is running soooo fast and straight right now that I really hate the thought of adding any bolluxware. I even bant Guitarboy from teh innernets on that PC, and that's been a continual quarrel, lemme tell ya.
Plink Floyd

Postby MetroSonus » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:20 pm

if it's free.. who cares? I dont know why they need an ilok or the software to run it.. :idk:
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby gregwar » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:48 am

i downloaded it i really like the o-pressor, lots of jokes lol

it does some sweet 'stereo-ization' with the micro pitch shift on bass tracks

there's some kind of distortion/tranny thing built into it too that sounds nice

i haven't messed around much with the eq but some of the presets were alright, prolly needs to be tweaked a bunch to really fit sounds into tracks
gregwar

Postby Plink Floyd » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:41 am

MetroSonus wrote:if it's free.. who cares? I dont know why they need an ilok or the software to run it.. :idk:

Cause the free offer ends midnight July 8. It's probably easier to give away some registration codes than write the naziware out of it.
Plink Floyd

Return to KSS