FiZmO

Keyboards, Synths, Samplers and Groove Boxes.

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Re: FiZmO

Postby ElectricPuppy » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:13 am

christianrock wrote:It's because, well, I have this synth, but I'm sure you never heard of it... :lol:

Exactly. :lol: That's kinda where I am with the XTk. "Boy, you don't see one of those everyday..." Yeah, but how does it sound? Uhhhhh... S'ok. :lol:
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby Plink Floyd » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:41 am

ClavAnother wrote:If you needs to do to it cheep, you'll have to try your luck sniping one on eBay, other wise put aside $125 or so and get the next one you find. The thing about something like that is: the sound and the experience are worth whatever it takes to get it period.
You're right, of course. I'll just have to cough it up.
Plink Floyd

Postby ClavAnother » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:15 am

To reiterate, I think that guys like us make decisions to buy stuff when it comes along for the right price/circumstance and you just know its a good deal. But for me there are those few situations where there likely isn't going to be a deal that'll come along anytime soon and if you think about, you've probably saved enough money in the past (smart-buys) to pay for a new leslie anyway.

Like the time I filled my pick up truck with a Rhodes stage 73, Leslie 147, Korg M500, crumar orchestrator, and a minimoog taboot for $650

It was easy to justify buying all kinds of shit after that one... :grin:
ClavAnother

Postby Plink Floyd » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:20 am

ClavAnother wrote:Like the time I filled my pick up truck with a Rhodes stage 73, Leslie 147, Korg M500, crumar orchestrator, and a minimoog taboot for $650

I'm, like,

:eek:
Plink Floyd

Postby ClavAnother » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:00 am

I'll never get tired of this story. It was an hour and a half away and I had the minimoog on the passenger seat with the keys facing me. I kept telling myself to ignore it because if I died playing air synth god on the way home id kill myself.

Also ten seconds after I unloaded the truck at home a torrential downpour started up in an instant.
ClavAnother

Postby Plink Floyd » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:56 am

Ya know, I've never seen a Korg M500. Seems to be analogous to the Moog Satellite, which I once owned.

And, doggone it! Leslie bass rotors have become stupid expensive since the last time I looked for one. They've mostly sold recently for over $100. There isn't even one on ebay right now. A newly made 'repro' is $200!

How tough could it be to make one? It doesn't have to be pretty, just serviceable. It's just 5 pieces of 1/4" plywood, one curved. I already have the hardware. Here, waddyall think?

Plink Floyd

Postby ClavAnother » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:09 pm

I don't know because it's crucial that it be balanced.

If you can get a new one for 200 clams, just order it and work an extra shift or something.

Isn't there a local band you can sit in with for two gigs to drum up some cake?
ClavAnother

Postby ClavAnother » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:11 pm

The m500 looks like it would be a bit silly, but you can trick it into being awesome. I totally wish I still had it.
ClavAnother

Previous

Return to KSS