Vangelis Equipment

Keyboards, Synths, Samplers and Groove Boxes.

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Vangelis Equipment

Postby christianrock » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:05 pm

So yeah I'm in a Vangelis mood nowadays :)

Vangelis in Qatar

I don't know exactly when this happened but it's not that old because he's got a Korg Kronos in his setup, apparently to trigger sounds. He's also still using his Direct system.

Other than the Kronos, Vangelis loves:
. 3 JV1080
. JD990
. Mackie 8-bus
. JV80
. Novation Controller
. Akai samplers
. Proteus 2
. 2 Roland S760

There's some stuff I can't really recognize.

I notice mostly the 8-bus Mackie. I've seen other pictures recently of him at his home studio with another (or the same one). Yes, exactly like the one I used to have (the one Gus said no professional musician would ever use). I miss that board. I'm happy with my current setup and I think I can do great things with it, but I did have a great setup that I didn't really get the most of due to not having the best mics, pres and drum sounds. Now I don't either, but that's not the point of the thread.

The point is that the old stuff still works pretty well. It's been said that he still records to analog tape, too. I wouldn't doubt it :)
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Re: Vangelis Equipment

Postby MetroSonus » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:29 pm

the 1080 is quite the staple. funny that I never really heard of as many people using something like the 5080 as a replacement. I know of many composers back in the day that had several racked 1080's full of cards.

but anyway, i think it's more to how you use the strengths of what you have. it's nice to wish we had things, but many times over when I sold or bought something because i thought it'd give me something one way or the other, i'd get this sinking feeling of regret that if I had just tried harder, that would have been the answer. That's a lesson that's been hard learned..
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby selfinflikted » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:34 pm

MetroSonus wrote:but anyway, i think it's more to how you use the strengths of what you have. it's nice to wish we had things, but many times over when I sold or bought something because i thought it'd give me something one way or the other, i'd get this sinking feeling of regret that if I had just tried harder, that would have been the answer. That's a lesson that's been hard learned..

Wise words. I get that feeling from time to time too, honestly.
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby ElectricPuppy » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:45 pm

MetroSonus wrote:but anyway, i think it's more to how you use the strengths of what you have. it's nice to wish we had things, but many times over when I sold or bought something because i thought it'd give me something one way or the other, i'd get this sinking feeling of regret that if I had just tried harder, that would have been the answer. That's a lesson that's been hard learned..

And this is why I haven't fallen victim to GAS in a while. I honestly don't need anything more, because I'm sure I could do just about anything I wanted to if I could just focus with what I've got.
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby christianrock » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:27 pm

YOU BUNCH OF GAS KILLERS :mad:
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby selfinflikted » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:19 pm

I can't tell if I have bad GAS or just a desire to spend money that I don't have. I think the difference is subtle, and leaves me very confused.
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby christianrock » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:22 pm

I think I have both.
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby selfinflikted » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:23 pm

christianrock wrote:I think I have both.

Then let us commiserate. :poke:
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby ElectricPuppy » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:50 pm

christianrock wrote:YOU BUNCH OF GAS KILLERS :mad:

:grin: :lol: I am long overdue for some shiny new toy, though.
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Return to KSS