I've downloaded u-he's Diva...

Keyboards, Synths, Samplers and Groove Boxes.

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Re: I've downloaded u-he's Diva...

Postby selfinflikted » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:37 pm

Well, I'm not terribly familiar with the genre, so I'm probably just not picking up what you're putting down. :(
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby gregwar » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:56 pm

wat
gregwar

Postby MetroSonus » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:25 pm

lol I assume you've heard enough dub step to know what the wub wub is?

The LFO modulates the cutoff filter and is either tempo synched or recorded as automation. and for how frenetic is, it's easier to cut and paste all that automation in software daws and with VSts. that's all folks.

MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby soundwave106 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:51 am

Yeah. Even in the UK dubstep which is less about the brostep screechy wub, it screams DAW.

I don't know producers back in older times who were tempo syncing *everything* like here, because it took more work. I mean, even in this track, which has less "wub wub wub" shit, there is still "wobble" (synced LFO to filter cutofff), plus you've got a tempo synced delay/filter sequence all over the place, hell even the autopan is synced to tempo. Not that you couldn't do that before, some of the Eventide / Lexicon boxes had powerful MIDI syncable stuff for instance. But in software, I can actually do all of this darn easily with one plugin and a few button clicks (CamelSpace for instance would be lovely at this type of stuff). You can throw it on *everything* without much effort.

(Sorry for getting off topic. :) )
BC | SC
soundwave106

Previous

Return to KSS