The Studio Show Off & Build Thread

Keyboards, Synths, Samplers and Groove Boxes.

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Re: The Studio Show Off & Build Thread

Postby soundwave106 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:26 am

MetroSonus wrote:Does anyone make a midi in - out module where it'll break out all the channels into CV? I figure someone does or something similar.

There's actually a *ton* of those these days (well, not all channels though, most are one channel, between one to four notes at a time), but most are Eurorack modules. I've had Mutable Instruments Yarns and it's quite nice. Vermona's MIDI converter was iffy. That's the only two I've had experience with.

For standalone, Kenton makes monophonic conversion modules. To be honest, though, I think the best option would be to chose one of these cheap monophonic modules that have both CV/gate out and MIDI (like the Arturia Microbrute or the Behringer PRO-1).

An option I have and can recommend (in Eurorack form, an older version, the MUC-400), but standalone is offered) is EDV Technik if you want polyphonic or multiple-CV type applications.
soundwave106

Postby soundwave106 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:58 pm

Time for some studio photos of what things look like now (in sort of a "demo" mode -- normally the KBoard Pro 4, P6, Prologue, and VK-8 are stored in the end of the studio and placed where the P6 is "as needed").

As the studio is in a small column of the living room, it's tough to photograph without a fish-eye. My fish-eye lens is not the best low-light performer, and I didn't feel like whipping out a flash due to the lazy. So you get HIGH ISO GRAIN. Think of it as one of those Instagram filters that's popular with the smartphone influencers or something. :lol:

soundwave106

Postby ClavAnother » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:08 pm

soundwave106 wrote:
MetroSonus wrote:Does anyone make a midi in - out module where it'll break out all the channels into CV? I figure someone does or something similar.

There's actually a *ton* of those these days (well, not all channels though, most are one channel, between one to four notes at a time), but most are Eurorack modules. I've had Mutable Instruments Yarns and it's quite nice. Vermona's MIDI converter was iffy. That's the only two I've had experience with.

For standalone, Kenton makes monophonic conversion modules. To be honest, though, I think the best option would be to chose one of these cheap monophonic modules that have both CV/gate out and MIDI (like the Arturia Microbrute or the Behringer PRO-1).

An option I have and can recommend (in Eurorack form, an older version, the MUC-400), but standalone is offered) is EDV Technik if you want polyphonic or multiple-CV type applications.

I use Yarns too. I also have an Encore Expressionist which will convert eight
ClavAnother

Postby Purity_Control » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:37 pm

soundwave106 wrote:Time for some studio photos of what things look like now (in sort of a "demo" mode -- normally the KBoard Pro 4, P6, Prologue, and VK-8 are stored in the end of the studio and placed where the P6 is "as needed").

As the studio is in a small column of the living room, it's tough to photograph without a fish-eye. My fish-eye lens is not the best low-light performer, and I didn't feel like whipping out a flash due to the lazy. So you get HIGH ISO GRAIN. Think of it as one of those Instagram filters that's popular with the smartphone influencers or something. :lol:

That's looking very tight... and so tidy lol which mine never is.
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby christianrock » Fri May 01, 2020 7:41 pm

Now that's some serious plink-plink-noice generators, soundwave!

And really sweet synths, too. I'm loving seeing that space... I knew that you had all this stuff but seeing it makes it more impressive. And you make good use of it...
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby soundwave106 » Sat May 02, 2020 6:17 pm

Thanks!
soundwave106

Postby MetroSonus » Mon May 04, 2020 2:35 pm

I always liked how nicely done it is. It has a nice feel to it, not as random or chaotic as other setups I've seen. Just very laid out and clean. :thu:
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Previous

Return to KSS