Microphones: Is this thing on?

Keyboards, Synths, Samplers and Groove Boxes.

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Re: Microphones: Is this thing on?

Postby christianrock » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:58 pm

Audio Technica and Sennheiser make good mics, Veracohr :thu:

And yeah MXR can be pretty bleh. I hear they do have some winners in their lineup though, but I haven't tried them yet. I almost bought a couple a while ago.
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby Plink Floyd » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:05 am

Yeah, my son has a Sen E609 for his geetar cab. I just saw those on sale somewhere for >$70, maybe the current GC or MF mailer thingy.

And just so this page complies with the Treehouse Equal Opportunity Off Topic Quota: Speaking of GC, I just missed a fantastic deal on an absolutely gorgeous natural wood MexiTele @ my local shop ($250). On the way in, I saw it behind the security counter & asked the Security Dude about it. He said it just came in & he immediately bespoke himself for it.

:mad:
Plink Floyd

Postby christianrock » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:58 pm

Ah that's ok. At least in our local Craigslist, those mexi teles and mexi strats show up all the time. If you are patient you could grab a semi-hollow mexi tele for cheap.
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby Veracohr » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:25 pm

That E609 is pretty midrangy; where I might point another mic right at the driver to get some bite, I tend to point the E609 farther out on the cone so there's not too much bite. Although the last time I used it was on a distorted 303 sound, which has bite in spades.
Veracohr

Previous

Return to KSS