The gear thread.

Keyboards, Synths, Samplers and Groove Boxes.

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Re: The gear thread.

Postby soundwave106 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:20 pm

MetroSonus wrote:However.. I've always wondered why nobody has said that about the DX7? To me, it has a similar glassy, bright sound that's similar to the D-50 and is instantly as identifiable. But I don't recall people having the same "it doesn't sit well" arguments.

It might be the FX layer that is the deal? The DX7 has none by default. So maybe disabling the D-50 FX and then running it through some modern plugins would help it blend better?

(Although, I rarely use DX7 sounds either in spite of the open source DX7 plugin on my computer, so... :idk: )
soundwave106

Postby MetroSonus » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:07 pm

Maybe when I get the plugin I'll try it out :lol: the issue with the jd is all filter though lol.

Do you have dexxed? What do you think if it?
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby soundwave106 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:53 pm

MetroSonus wrote:Do you have dexxed? What do you think if it?

Dexed sounds enough like a DX7 to me! Though I've never had one so I can't say for sure. (I've had a DX27 in the past though) A VST also is much easier to program as well compared to those 2 line LCD screens.

But, as I said, I don't seem to use it all that much. :idk: Occasionally I've used it for "klangy" FM type sound or some primitive FM-y bells or whatnot.
soundwave106

Postby MetroSonus » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:19 pm

If anyone ever wanted to know what over an hour of morpheus sounds sounds like, nows your chance :thu:
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby christianrock » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:33 pm

Back when I had the D-550 I also thought that it never mixed in well with other instruments in a mix. Which is the main reason why I sold it. And the JD-990.
Plus, they didn't have a shit ton of knobs.
The DW8000 by comparison (and they shouldn't really be compared) sits very well in a mix as far as the synth sounds go (I should to get mine fixed...)
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Previous

Return to KSS