New Gear Thread

Keyboards, Synths, Samplers and Groove Boxes.

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

New Gear Thread

Postby MetroSonus » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:13 pm

I figured I / we needed a thread for what's new and out there.. if anyone is still into gears.. I'm kinda getting back to a point where I can has synth again, so why not.

I'll start off.. this really, really caught my eye. It does pretty much what you would expect it to.. much like Arturia's "step" products. Although this has Korg's particular flavor to it and it has two midi outs and one in, aside from all of the other analog outputs.

I really, really preferred Korg's electribe style sequencing to all of the others out there and I'm hoping.. fingers crossed, this retains a lot of the fun of them. If nothing else, i like that it's cleanly laid out in 1/16 steps that don't need to be divided up or down by note value. I've always found that easier to work with and that's also why I never really got on with other sequencers, at least for beat box style working.

This kind of looks like what I've been wanting for a while. supposed street of 299$.

MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Re: New Gear Thread

Postby christianrock » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:49 pm

A minute into it and the guy has ran out of compliments to drool about this sequencer.

It does sound really good on paper. But I won't be able to watch the 47 minutes at once...

Korg seems to have a winnar out there!
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Re: New Gear Thread

Postby MetroSonus » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:18 pm

I'm willing to give it a shot.. I really liked the EMX2.. but the sequencer sucked. The sounds on it were amazing, but they really dropped the ball on that one. It just didn't have the playability from the electribes. I think they put it out before the whole analog, beat box redux craze that happened. They were aiming with it more to apply to people who wanted to import the patterns into live and now the market went the other way and people want to be free from the computer.

Hey.. if this does it, I can see buying another EMX2 used or something and controlling a lot of gear with it.
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Return to KSS