Jam With Tapes™

Keyboards, Synths, Samplers and Groove Boxes.

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Re: Jam With Tapes™

Postby soundwave106 » Sat May 09, 2020 2:09 am

Thanks. :) That's the first track I did a lot with the MPE stuff (the K-Board Pro 4), I think the poly-aftertouch helped the "Vangelis feel" a lot.
soundwave106

Postby Purity_Control » Mon May 11, 2020 10:12 am

MetroSonus wrote:

New ambient drone from the drone meister.. and before you ask, no field recordings were used. So no AC units were harmed in the production of this track. :cop:

Cool, sounds like something from the soundtrack to a Japanese horror movie. :thu:
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby Purity_Control » Mon May 11, 2020 10:33 am

soundwave106 wrote:

Three years since the last music release, five songs, 18 minutes long. PRODUCTIVITY!

So it's kinda the standard stuff I do of late -- music that is soundtrack-ish, sort of classical music crossover-y influenced, !!!UBER-EPIC!!! at times, schmaltzy at other times, and gray-sounding for the rest (hence the title). Mostly slow, except for Gray 5 which is a brisk pipe organ romp. Mostly minor key, which fits these "stormy" times I think.

The main difference between this and previous releases:
A) A greater percentage of the work was scored in notation beforehand. I got to know the joys and pains of Finale Printmusic. Yay.
B) Many of the songs (all but Gray 2 which is a little piano-and-analog-synth waltz) contain Authentic Mystical Gibberish (TM) choral parts, thanks to the oddly named FluffyAudio Dominus Kontakt sample library.

I kind of like the embedded player which has all the tracks in it listed, so if you want to see that, go here.

And here's a *BIG* version of the album cover if you care to look. Album art is easier when you are a hobbyist photographer too. :)

Nice work, thoughts below.

Gray 1 - F*cking epic.
Gray 2 - Different, FluffyAudio Dominus is well spooky here, reminds me of maybe a videogame soundtrack?
Gray 3 - Ominous Latin Chanting! Also epic.
Gray 4 - Nice brass on this one
Gray 5 - Deffo my favourite... I'll be Bach!
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby Purity_Control » Wed May 27, 2020 8:19 pm

More arse:

Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby Purity_Control » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:59 pm

What do you know, I finally finished the track I started last summer lol

Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby soundwave106 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:02 am

Boingy and nicely unsettling. :)
soundwave106

Postby Purity_Control » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:28 am

soundwave106 wrote:Boingy and nicely unsettling. :)

Thanks. :grin: The boingy bassline was a late addition, I recorded quite a bit for the track last year that just didn't seem to work when I came back to it.

Also an experiment in using f# locrian, supposedly you cannot make music in that mode without it being a dissonant mess lol... figured it was worth a shot.
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby MetroSonus » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:33 pm

you know.. that kind of um, looked like.. a.. uh..... at times.. a uh.. um... yeah never mind. :lol:

Pretty cool..
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby Purity_Control » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:04 pm

:lol:

I can't think what you mean. :lol:

I do need to make some more music... desktop computer is in for repair at the moment though and some of the stuff I want is on it.

Otherwise plodding along on Covid Island. :freak:
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Previous

Return to KSS