DSM01 Curtis Filter – a version of his classic Sequential-style filter in a Eurorack module.
Dave Smith’s first-ever offering for modular synthesizer users is the DSM01 Curtis Filter – what they call ‘the very heart and soul of the Dave Smith sound’.
The DSM01 is a compact, 8 HP Eurorack-format module. The filter is a resonant low-pass design that can be switched between -12 dB and -24 dB operation and driven into self-oscillation in -24 dB mode. A Boost switch lets you overdrive the input stage for more aggressive coloration.
In addition to its Curtis filter, the DSM01 provides its own responsive, low-noise VCA with LED CV indicator. There are two separate outputs—one pre-amplifier and the other post-amplifier. This not only gives you added signal routing flexibility, but also frees your system’s existing VCAs for other tasks.
- 1 CV In – Frequency (3.5 mm jack) Range: 0 to 10V
- 1 CV In – Resonance (3.5 mm jack) Range: 0 to 10V
- 1 CV In – VCA (3.5 mm jack) Range: 0 to 10 V
- 1 Audio In (3.5 mm jack) +/-5V or 10V p-p
- 1 VCF Out – pre-VCA (3.5 mm jack)
- 1 VCA Out – post-VCA (3.5 mm jack)
- Self oscillation in -24 dB/octave mode, tracks at 1V/octave
- Internal power connector (ribbon cable included)
- Current draw: +12V @ 36mA, -12V @ 25mA
- Physical Specs
- 1.59″ W x 5.06″ H (40.3 mm x 128.5 mm)
- Depth (measured from back of panel with power cable installed): 1.06″ (27 mm)
- Mounting screws included
The Dave Smith Instruments DSM01 Curtis Filter module is expected to be available in August for US $179. See the DSI site for more info.