New Synth! Woot!! Serum is a next-generation high quality synthesizer from Steve Duda at Xfer Records. Enjoy a tour of what this synth can do! If you wanna buy this and get your SERIOUS Wavetable synth mode on, go to http://www.xferrecords.com/products/s…
Via Plugin Guru
Roland’s new FA-06 synthesizer is a highly-evolved redesign of the music workstation; Streamlined for effortless real-time power, ultra-fast workflow, and maximum versatility.
Ready to support any type of music you play, the FA-06 is packed with a massive sound collection inherited from the flagship INTEGRA-7, a ton of studio-quality effects, and expressive real-time controls, plus onboard sampling with zero load time for instant audio playback from the 16 backlit pads.
The sequencer features simple operation and non-stop loop recording, letting you capture songs and ideas as they come and export them as multitrack data to use with your DAW.
Flowing seamlessly into every part of your creative world, the FA-06 morphs instantly from a standalone keyboard to become the command center of your computer music studio, with USB audio/MIDI interfacing, powerful real-time controllers, DAW transport controls, and much more.
Follow us at blog.rolandcorp.com.au for detailed article series on the Roland FA-06 Workstation
For more information on the FA-06 – Click here:
For more information on the FA-08 – Click here:
Xfer Records has introduced Serum – described as an ‘advanced wavetable synthesizer’ for Windows and Mac.
Xfer Records says:
The dream synthesizer did not seem to exist: a wavetable synthesizer with low aliasing / high-quality sound, visual and creative workflow-oriented interface, the ability to create / import / edit / morph wavetables, and manipulate these tables further in real-time.
So Serum was created.
- Wavetable Editor – Serum has a Wavetable editor built right in- you can create your own wavetables in a variety of ways. Import audio directly from audio files. Serum has a variety of methods and options for analyzing audio for breaking it apart into individual waveforms. You can import single-cycle wavetables of course, as well as many at once (with in-built sorting options, or manual re-ordering). Morph between various wavetables using standard linear interpolation (crossfading) or via harmonic/spectral morphing. Draw directly on the waveform, with optional grid-size snapping and a variety of shape tools. Generate or modify waveforms using FFT (additive). Create or process waveforms using formula functions. Processing menu options allow you to do the other tasks you would want, such as apply fades, crossfades, normalize, export, and much more.
- ‘Ultra-clean’ Oscillators – n Serum, the native-mode (default) playback of oscillators operates with high-precision resampling, yielding an inaudible signal-to-noise (for instance, -150 dB on a sawtooth played at 1 Khz at 44100)! This requires a lot of calculations, so Serum’s oscillator playback has been aggressively optimized using SSE2 instructions to allow for this high-quality playback without taxing your CPU any more than the typical (decent quality) soft synth already does.
- Modulation – The modulation system allows for drag and drop connections between mod sources and destinations. Want an LFO controlling a filter cutoff? Simply drag the LFO title to the cutoff knob. This LFO->Filter connection will now appear in the Mod Matrix as well.
- Realtime Wavetable Manipulation – In addition to moving through the set of wavetables (up to 256 make up a single oscillator), you can manipulate the waveform itself in a separate realtime process referred to as Warp. This allows for FM/AM/RM/Oscillator Sync and many other ways to modify the waveform, including “Remap” modes – a graph editor for drawing your own custom table manipulations.
- Filters – Serum includes all of the filter types found in LFOTool in addition to some brand-new ones. Flangers, Phasers, and Comb filters all of which can key-track to the musical note you play. Dual filter types let you control or morph between filter types. Get creative with atypical processes for filters such as downsampling, or the unique filter types found nowhere before, such as the dirty-sounding French LPF.
- Effects – An effects rack with 10 effects modules is included. Effects can be re-ordered to any configuration you want. Virtually all effect parameters are also available as modulation destinations.
- Advanced Unison – Serum will let you stack a single oscillator to use up to 16 voices. Each of the wavetable oscillators have a number of unison advanced parameters. Stack settings allow for note (e.g. octave) layering to get a fuller sound for a single note-press. Set the unison voices to all have their unique waveform at once with the Unison WT Pos setting, or have them all skewed in a different way with the unison Warp control. A variety of unison tuning modes per-oscillator let you get the stack sound blooming or swarming like you want.
Serum is available through the end of October, 2014 for US $129; after that, $189. A demo version is available.
Developer Urs Heckmann has announced that Bazille 1.0 – a modular software synthesizer for Mac OS X and Windows (VST2, AU & AAX formats – 32bit & 64bit) – is now available.
Bazille is described as ‘a monster hybrid modular’, with digital oscillators combined with analogue-style filters and realistic effects.
- 4 digital oscillators with simultaneous FM (frequency modulation), PD (phase distortion) and FR (fractal resonance)
- 4 multimode analogue type filters with up to 6 parallel outputs each
- 4 modelled effects: stereo delay, distortion, phaser, spring reverb
- 2 LFOs with 3 parallel outputs each
- 4 ADS(S)R type envelope generators
- signal processors: Inverter, rectifier, sample & hold, lag generators and quantizer
- 2 mapping generators (waveshapers) with a variety of drawing tools and controls
- 8 x 16-step morphing sequencer
- multiplex modules for signal mixing, RM (ring modulation), AM (amplitude modulation)
- single-page alternative skin included
- microtuning support (.tun files)
- multichannel MIDI support
- user interface zoom in 10% steps
- over 1700 presets…
U-He Bazille is available now for $89 (+ VAT in the EU) through October 15. After that, the regular price is $129 (+ VAT in the EU). You can download and use it in demo mode before you register it.
Granted, this is all quite subjective and there are a few notable synths missing; but if you’re new to VSTs or aren’t 100% sure what’s come out in the last few years or so, this is definitely worth having a click through.
You can begin your tour by clicking here.